Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Potting Bench

I have always wanted to have a proper potting bench for my garden. I saw this potting bench on an e-mail I received from Country Living yesterday:


The woman that created this lovely bench took a portion of her garage and gathered all the supplies to make it. She bought a sink, kitchen cabinets, etc. and created a beautiful potting bench! Just amazing. This would be my ultimate potting bench!! Just gorgeous!

That got me thinking about potting benches in general and I found these lovelies online:


This lovely green (green is my favorite color!!) potting bench has a sink in it too. It looks like the sink was repurposed, which is an awesome idea!! I love the color of this bench against the brick. I love this one as much as the one above!


The weathered blue paint and gray of the wood on this one is just perfect! While it doesn't have a sink, it has plenty of room for repotting plants, storing things, watering cans. etc. I love the ivy in the pot on it too!


This bench was on benches.com. This bench isn't as big as the others but it is functional and works well if you don't have a large space for it. I love the graceful lines of it.

I'm going to save these pictures and someday I am going to create my own potting bench just for me! Everyone have a lovely day, the weather here is just gorgeous!!

13 comments:

  1. I would probably only have room for the last one...lol...Cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream of those type of benches too. I don't have room for one here. And if I did my hubby would probably take it over to clean his fish! I would love to have a little garden shed too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Mr. Comforts of Home is going to build me one this summer. It will be out in our back yard area....I can't wait!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the green one. I love the green color and just the general look of it really appeals to me. Have a great Saturday Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love potting benches and would love to have any one of those! I have a small potting table in the back of the garden. Small but works for me.

    Enjoy this beautiful day, Sherri!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh those first two are gorgeous...oh to have the space for something like that! Beautiful Sherri!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see the garage being the perfect place for a potting bench..., or yes, a garden shed of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I would love that. It looks just so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks lovely, I´d love to have one like that! :-)

    My boys love fruit too thank God - as long as they eat fruit all is OK! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I desperately want a potting shed and I LOVE that first picture of the potting bench. Of course I wouldn't complain if I had any of these beautiful benches!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those benches make me want to move to the south and have a magnificent garden!
    They are all lovely!!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this post is a couple of months old, but I'm looking for ideas for potting benches. This is the loveliest collection of potting benches I've seen. I'll have to let you know when I'm finished with mine. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice benches! I liked the last one too... I linked this to my gardening post as well today - for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete