Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Nature Stroll around the neighborhood.

Yesterday when I got home from work it was so nice outside. I grabbed my camera and John and I set our for a walk around our neighborhood. We knew rain was in the forecast for this weekend, so it was a perfect time to stroll around and snap some photos of everything that is blooming.


These lovely little pansies are in a wire basket my Mom gave me. They are right at the front door to greet everyone.

The wisteria is really blooming in the courtyard now. The scent is heavenly!







The beautiful magenta tree peony I've got is just starting to open it's first bud!


My mint is growing rather nicely. Can't wait to make the mojitos of the season!!



This beautiful dianthus is blooming in a large container on our patio.


I was shocked my moss rose has buds on it already! That means roses are not far away.

Carolina Jasmine is blooming like crazy here and it is absolutely gorgeous. Here are some of my neighbors fences dripping with Carolina Jasmine-they are just beautiful!!







The knockout roses are blooming already around he neighborhood. Here are some glimpses of them:








Lastly, the dogwood trees are starting to bloom. I couldn't get a closer picture, but they are really gorgeous!

16 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful shots Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful, Sherri! I have some of the same things blooming in my garden.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - your spring photos are gorgeous! I am so so jealous - we just dont have that yet and I want spring to come so badly! My tulip tree was in beautiful full bloom for 2 days - then it froze. Tonight - it is snowing. (Your photos aren't helping either Missy!)

    Beautiful Sherri~~

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki-sorry!! Spring will come to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so beautiful. I'm in love with that wisteria, I wish I lived somewhere where I could have those :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect way to spend an evening,

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love the wisteria and the jasmine - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed that stroll around your neighborhood. There are so many pretty things blooming now. My knockout roses aren't blooming yet, but it shouldn't be long.
    Call me when the mojitos are ready. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures Sherri. I love seeing the wisteria. I really would love a peony. Are the tree varieties different from the regular ones? I need to look that up I guess. I love dogwoods. Ares are in full bloom but I find them hard to photograph unless you are right on top of them! They seem to blend in when you take a wider shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so very jealous here. perhaps us northerners will see this in June, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jealous Sherri....very jealous - we don't even have a spring flower out right now! That wisteria is so gorgeous...and what's that? A magnolia tree peony? We're in love with that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the "dripping"..., and wisteria is amazing. I don't think they grow in the North East.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been going out everyday to see what is blooming. These are some beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Carolina jasmine has finished. That lovely spill of gold is all gone. Sigh.
    I do have the mint and the same color dianthus, though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I see your beautiful spring and floral photos, I sigh... we're still digging out from under snow. But the good news it is melting, so there's hope for us in northerly Alberta too!

    ReplyDelete