Sunday, March 6, 2011

Part II-Spring Home & Garden Show

As promised here is more photos of the Show we went to yesterday:


In one of the "home" rooms that were made up hanging there was another beautiful chandelier. Isn't this just gorgeous!!


When I was growing up I loved the story the Secret Garden. This wooden door with it's rusty keys reminded me of this lovely story.


This is another beautiful table setting they had on display. The purple table cloth was such a rich color and striking with the white and gold overlay. Really beautiful!


This wonderful display was to represent Treasure Island! Behind the waterfall was an array of treasure! Also to one side there was a huge sailboat and a little boy dressed the part of a pirate playing in the sand and palm trees! There were too many people watching him to take a picture unfortunately.


This tractor was parked in a tobacco drying shed display. If you look to the right of the tractor there is a barn owl-well guess what folks the owl is real!!! He lives at the Carolina Raptor Center. They rescued him and took very good care of him, but he still had to have one leg amputated. He is a beautiful owl and just stood there watching all of us! It was just wonderful!


Here is a closeup of our one-legged friend.


This was the Barn Owls friend on the other side of him. This is a Great Barred Owl. I love these owls!! When we had our house we had 3 of them living in our backyard. They are a very social owl. When I was out gardening or reading on the screened porch or patio one or all of them would come and sit in the tree and start "talking" to me!! It was the coolest thing! I was talking to the woman from the Raptor Center and she said we had the most ideal living conditions for them at the house. The were alot of woods and a pond. I never knew that when I lived there. John and I are going to plan another trip to the Carolina Raptor Center this year! It is such an interesting place and a wonderful walk through the woods looking at all the birds there. They also have a whole area with Bald Eagles in their nature habitat too!



These stunning yellow tulips in the lovely white pottery urn greeted us when we came into one of the display areas. I loved the yellow and white combination.


You really can't see how massive this stacked stone fireplace was! It was truly a work of art! The two men that built it are Scottish and stood around in the kilts answering questions!


This little monkey is made from moss and coleus plants. He was in the Robinson Crusoe display. He had red jeweled eyes!!


This "room" that was created in the Home Section is an intimate dining area-I would love to have dinner served to me there!!

Well that is the rest of the tour of the Show! After the show, the girls, their men, John and I went to the Plaza Midwood section of Charlotte to a restaurant called Dish. We had a wonderful day and a wonderful lunch! Thanks for coming on the tour with me!!

9 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a great show! I thought ours was in March here, but it is in April. I can't wait to go now, after seeing what your show looked like.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like there would be so much to see and experience. Loved the owl and that tractor would have really attracted Don.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous show! I love the Secret Garden door with the keys, the darling owl and that fireplace! WOW! I know you had the best time!:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos, Sherri. I love the last one - just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous photos! It must have been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your pictures. What a beautiful show. It is always great to get inspired and get new ideas! I have seen some of the birds on display from the Raptor Center and they are always so awesome to see. I would love to go visit there sometime too. Have a great week. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no!! I missed the show! i'VE always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific photos! Again, I would have loved to see all of this. I love that old wooden door with the keys. You're right it does remind me of The Secret Garden too. That stone fireplace is amazing. I can only imagine the amount of hard work that went into building that. Thanks again for the wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tulips are fabulous in that big urn....oh! Spring can't come fast enough!!

    ReplyDelete