Friday, October 1, 2010

Autumn Decorations Part II

Here are some more of the Autumn/Halloween decorations in my home. I will be retaking the mantel pictures because the day I took all the other pictures it was raining and the pictures turned out darker than I would like. Enjoy!


I have a sideboard in my kitchen eating area (the sideboard is really an antique dresser). I always change out the teapots and items on the sideboard for the season we are in. I always put out this coffee pot, creamer and sugar this time of year. Apples are a wonderful Autumn item and this Franciscan set fits the bill.


I bought this wooden garden item at Michael's. I just love the color! I've decided to keep it out all year round and just change out what I have displayed in it!


I have collected green Depression Glass for over 20 years. One of my early purchases was a set of candlesticks. I dressed them up with Autumn candle rings and they look perfect on the table with the plaid, pumpkin placemats I showed you in the previous post.


Every home needs a little bit of French decorating and I've got this vintage flower tin which is in a black wrought iron stand. I took some silk leaves and plopped them in the flower tin and that was all this needed!


Over the years I've collected Longaberger baskets. I bought this Halloween one and I've paired it this year with a little bird votive candle holder and a rustic bark and twig bird house. I've also added a little piece of faux bittersweet.


What Halloween decorating would be complete without a cute little witch all dressed up in her Halloween finery and her friendly ghost and pumpkin! I bought these wooden items at a craft show many years ago and every year I display them.


Well if you are going to have a cute little witch, then you really need a little black cat! I've grouped the little black cat with a bright orange pumpkin and an acorn candle holder.


One year my youngest daughter, Jenny had pneumonia for Halloween. We lived in a little Victorian in NJ at the time. Our town was a small, close knit town and the town always had a Halloween parade for the children. That meant all the outlying towns would come to our town for trick or treating and then the parade. Jenny asked if she bundled up could she pass out the candy and I told her she could for a little while. To make her time of passing out candle special I purchased this beautifully hand painted tin pail.

10 comments:

  1. Sherri- I just love all your fall decorations but the Halloween candy pail is the cutest thing I have seen. It's so sad when a little one can't go Trick or Treating. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri...your house is so festive for the Autumn season. Your fall vignettes are really sweet!!
    Debbie@houseatthe lake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great Sherri! I love the blue Garden container!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherri - I LOVE your blog! Do tell us what you think about the Vintage gown book - I am also drawn in by the cover - and I LOVE to read!

    Your fall decorations are lovely - (and so is your house!) Everything about your blog is just wonderful - I am going to be your newest follower!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love fall decor. The garden box you created is lovely.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your home looks SO lovely.

    Thank you for the kind sidebar mention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute fall decor. Love the bucket with the trick or treaters on it. Look forward to meeting you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks lovely. Very "fallish". Can't wait until we all get to meet at Penny's this month. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the most fun watching you decorate your house for the seasons. You have such an eye for beauty and home decor. I'm afraid I don't do any decorating here in Hawaii like I sort of used to in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sherri, it all looks so pretty and I love the special tin for your daughter! Bless her heart but it is awesome that she was able to participate with passing out the candy!! :)

    Happy Fall to you! :)
    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete