Thursday, October 14, 2010

Good Witch, Bad Witch, Witches, Witches Everywhere!!

I was thinking of Halloween and one of the major figures conjured up in my mind is witches! There are good witches and bad witches. I was thinking about some of the witches I've grown up with and I came up with these:

First off is the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz. She harassed and scared the living daylights out of Dorothy and her little dog Toto! She was also mean to Scarecrow, The Cowardly Lion and the Tinman too!



But then you have Glinda, the Good Witch from the North also from The Wizard of Oz. She is more like a fairy than a witch. She is absolutely nothing like her sister, the Wicked Witch of the West!!


Then you have Samantha on Bewitched. She could wiggle her nose and make wonderful things happen or get people out of bad situations into good ones. I loved her and her little daughter Tabitha (who was another witch, a baby witch). I spent many hours in my childhood trying to wiggle my nose like Samantha!



Another really bad which was the bad witch in Snow White. Malificient disguised herself as an old hag with apples. She offered the poison apple to Snow White.



I didn't really grow up with the next group of witches, but my girls did. These are those three crazy, funny witches from the movie Hocus Pocus! I loved that movie and so did my girls!


There are many more witches, but these are the ones that have stuck out in my mind at the moment. What witches did you grow up with (and I mean the ones in books, movies, etc-LOL)?

12 comments:

  1. What a cute post you did. I grew up with the same witches you did and I think ours were nicer than today's.
    I really enjoyed this, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!! I too grew up with the same witches...and crazy as this may seem, it was those witches that began my love of the perfect arched eyebrow. If you notice every mean Disney witch has perfectly evil arched eyebrows. I tried for years to make my eyebrows arch that way. Never was successful! I still arch them as much as I can...and they're perfect for giving "that look"....the look that lets my girls know when they need to straighten up! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up with those same witches. The witch on the Wizard of Oz scared me to death!!! I loved watching Bewitched! Thanks for sharing a cute post. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! I loved the movie Hocus Pocus - it's fantastic. And Bewitched- I don't think I missed a show. I'd love to see some reruns of it. Then there's Wizard of Oz - what can I say about that - well it's one of my favorite movies! Thanks for a bit of a trip down memory lane Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, there was this one teacher. LOL! Just kidding! The Wizard of Oz scared me too! I really liked Samantha on Bewitched! And I loved reading fairy tales of all sorts and there were lots of witches in those stories. Hansel and Gretel, Sleeping Beauty, etc... Mary Poppins wasn't a witch, but she was certainly magic. Do you remember Bedknobs and Broomsticks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definatley grew up with the witches from the Wizard of Oz...and Snow White. One of my favorite witch movies was The Witches of Eastwick...

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always dressed as a witch for Halloween. There weren't many choices then as they are today. My favorite witch was Bewitched who could wiggle her nose.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable post, Sherri! Same witches in my past, too. There is a small storage room in the ceiling of our guesthouse that is called the Witches Room, because presumably you need a ladder or a broom to get up there. haha....have a lovely weekend; I love coming to your blog to see the lovely fall leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm... I will add Hocus Pocus to my Netflix list. This was a very fun post and so perfect for the season. I'm going to get my witch to decorate my door right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sherri...I grew up with the same witches you did. I do love that movie with Sarah Jessica Parker tho.
    Fun post.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherri, I am so glad I was able to meet you at Penny's blog party. It was a wonderful gathering of bloggers and it is especially nice to make new friends. I hope your trip home was a good one.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete