Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pumpkins, Gourds and Indian Corn

This time of year is a great time to decorate with the lovely colors of Autumn! I love all the bright and rich colors of orange, yellow, gold, rust, brown, maroon, etc. Pumpkins, Gourds and Indian Corn are wonderful ways to bright up a dark spot in your home our even outside. You can mix the pumpkins, gourds and Indian corn with leaves, put them in a cornucopia or favorite basket or display them with mums outside. There are so many different things you can do with these items!

Here are some lovely examples of pumpkins, gourds and Indian Corn:

What a colorful group of gourds!


I love all the rich and bright colors of Indian Corn. There are so many different kinds to buy.


These gourds are just waiting to be bought! Gourds have so many different shapes and colors.


Here are some unusual speckled, striped gourds. They would certainly contrast well with the bright orange of the pumpkin.


You just have to love these little, squat bright orange pumpkins! They just make you smile!


White pumpkins have become very popular in the last few years. I like to place some white pumpkins for contrast when decorating or displaying.


Here are a few ideas to give your home or outside some "pop" during the Autumn and holiday season:

I love this console table in a front hall-it is decorated so nicely and inviting!


I think this table is one of my favorites. I love the handmade table cloth and I just might have to try making something like this for our Thanksgiving table!


This country home entryway is great! Between the stone, the red door, all the country items, along with the pumpkins and Indian Corn what a great combo!


Here is another awesome entryway! I just love this outside vignette!! I love the addition of hay bales and mums-just great!


This is a great way to display little white pumpkins-in a basket!! I love the contrast of the white with the browns in the basket. I would love to put this by my living room fireplace, but you could really display this anywhere even outside on your porch!


What a creative way to display small gourds and pumpkins. I have a glass apothecary jar with a lid and I'm going to try something like this for my counter!


Indian Corn makes a wonderful wreath for your door, an outbuilding, your garage, a tree, etc.


I have always wanted to try this but I always run out of time. I love the little Indian corn clustered around this candle! What a great idea and I bet it would be a great idea to make with your children or grandchildren!


Here is another idea with pumpkins and gourds in a basket.


So I hope this post has inspired all of you to make or display some of the wonderful bounties of nature this time of year! Enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection of Autumn pictures. Love that tablescape. I don't think I would have one made by Thanksgiving by the number of works in progress (WIP's) I have sitting beside my chair. Enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donnie-I hear you about all the projects! My cup over floweth-LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the console with the decorations underneath. Unfortunately, my Rummer would thump them with her tail :-) And the table with the simple stenciled cloth...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very talented. I would have never thought of the different ways to use Indian corn for instance. Your hall table is gorgeous too. Wow.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sam, that isn't my hall table, wish it was though! That table is off the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find the best pictures Sherri. I love the country home entryway-it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all of that fall splendor! Thanks for sharing these fab photos with us, Sherri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much wonderful inspiration, Sherri! I love the dining room table photo. Gorgeous.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love those little white pumpkins and need to get some this year. I like the indian corn around the candle too, that would be fairly easy to do for table decor, as long as the candle doesn't melt down too far and make the dry ears catch on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really IS inspiring! I love decorating for Fall! Enjoy your week! See you soon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherri~~~all of these pics are inspirational. I especially love the Thanksgiving table with the Indian corn as a centerpiece. That tablecloth is AWESOME!
    Thank you for sharing these ideas.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very inspiring pictures, Sherri. I am hoping to pick up some gourds and indian corn this week. I think they will be a welcome addition to the fall decor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Sherri! Thanks for commenting on my arbor....I really do love it! :) I ADORE all the pics of the fall decor..besides Christmas, it's my favorite time to decorate! I like the apothecary jars filled with pumpkins..gonna have to do that one!
    HUGS to you my friend
    Missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sherri, wow, very inspiring!! I love the indian corn clustered around the candle!! So pretty! All of it is pretty...I just love fall! I enjoyed looking at the gorgeous pictures!! Thank you!!! :)

    Happy Fall!
    Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was so much fun to see, Sherri. We don't get the variety of pumpkins and gourds that you see on the mainland. I do miss it.

    ReplyDelete