Saturday, October 30, 2010

Secretariat the Movie



Today John and I saw the movie Secretariat. What a lovely movie and this is my favorite for the year!! I love horses and I remember dreaming of riding a horse like Secretariat (which really was quite silly because I'm 5'9" and I don't know any jockeys that are that tall-LOL!!). I was 14 yrs. old when Secretariat won the Triple Crown and a few of my friends watched as he became the Super Horse!! No horse had won all three races in twenty-five years. What a wonderful and beautiful creature he was! He was 31 lengths ahead of all the other horses which was unheard of. Secretariat is no longer with us but his has left a legacy of 600 colts and fillies! Disney did an excellent job with this movie! I loved Diane Lane and John Malkovich in this movie too-they are wonderful actors. When you think about the time period we are talking about Penny Chenery/Tweedy was really a very strong woman in a mans world when she insisted this horse was a true champion and she wanted the world to know this! She says in the movie (to Secretariat the night before the Triple Crown), "I won my race and now you go win yours",she was so right!! If you don't see any other movie this year, go see this one!!


The lovely Diane Lane with Secretariat in the movie. She is such a beautiful woman! I love her beautiful dress!


The portrayal of Secretariat and Ron Turcotte, the jockey in the movie.


This is the real Secretariat-the Super Horse! He was absolutely gorgeous.


Penny Chenery-Tweedy (Diane Lane) and Lucien Laurin (John Malkovich) at the racetrack.


This is a picture of the real Penny Chenery-Tweedy. She lives in Colorado.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Sherri! I am so glad it was good because I hate it when I have high expectations of a movie and it falls short. Now, you'll get a kick out of this: but I'll wait until it comes out on DVD, because horse racing movies with great endings always make me cry...lol. I know, silly! You should see me every time I watch Dreamer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie-I cried alot during the movie-they were happy tears though-LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a movie I really want to see! I can't get Mr. Comforts to the theater, so I will wait for Netflix. Thanks for the review Sherri!
    xo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear it's a good movie, Sherri. We'll probably wait for Netflix or maybe catch a matinee. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone seems to love it. I hope we go to see it soon. Thanks for the review. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to see this movie (especially because of Diane Lane)..., although sometimes I wonder whether horse races are really good for the horses!

    Happy Halloween!!!!

    Maya @ Completely Coastal

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post! I'm going to add this movie to our must see list. Thanks, Sherri! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete