Monday, October 4, 2010

Our Blogger Friends

As you know yesterday I met my blogger friend, Rhondi for the very first time! She's so sweet and we had a glorious time! It got me thinking about our friendships we have formed through our blogs. I am thankful every day for the friendships I have made! You all have been such an inspiration, there for me when I've had some hard times, nurturing when I need that and just plain wonderful!! All those words just don't seem enough to describe how I feel about all of you! We share so many things with each other and go through what the other person is going through-it is like a huge sisterhood! Our blogs remind me of years ago when everyone met at each others homes for quilting bees, canning vegetables or fruit with each other, sharing recipes and things like that. We are too spread out all over the US and world to get together at each others homes but we do share all the same things-recipes, knitting patterns, what is going on in our lives, our decorating, etc. So I guess this is the modern version of the old-fashioned get togethers!

I am very glad to know everyone I blog with and all the future bloggers out there! I just want to thank all of you for being you :)!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

  1. I knew you would love Rhondi in person....she is so sweet. I am glad I have you as a blogger friend and I am thrilled to pieces that you will and I will gather at my house on the 16th!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet comments. You are right about the modern get together and I'm looking forward to meeting you both soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! Glad to have you too Sherri,

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherri~~~blogging has been such a blessing for me too. I love meeting women that share the same ideals, and dreams.
    God bless you.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging friends are wonderful, Sherri ~ I'm happy to have you for a friend. How nice that you got to meet Rhondi ~

    Big hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so grateful for all of my blogging friends, too. I've never met any in person... not yet anyway. I've never really thought of the blogging community that way, but it's true... great analogy.
    Happy Monday!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, that is an excellent way of looking at our gatherings here in blogland, Sherri,...as a quilting bee!! It is so true that you feel close to all the gals in blogland and share so much...never dreamed when I started blogging that sweet friendships would develop!

    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun that you got to meet Rhondi. I have made so many wonderful friends through blogging and I can't wait to meet you in person at Penny's brunch this month. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had the chance to meet any of my blogging friends maybe because I'm from another country but I know they're there and their comments inspire to go on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you 100% Sherri! I sure am glad I met you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meeting fellow bloggers is such fun and I'm looking forward to meeting you at Penny's on the 16th.

    In June I met three other bloggers from east Tennessee and we had a great get-together with their families. Blogging is such fun!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you got to meet Rhondi in person! Blog friends truly are the best, and what a wonderful analogy about how women used to support one another, and how that translates to the blog world!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad your get together went well Sherri. Always fun to meet in person.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, time spent with sweet Rhondi is a blessing, she's a very special blogging friend and I was also fortunate to meet her last year. So glad we'll all get together in the mountains very soon!

    See you in Asheville!
    Mary - A Breath of Fresh Air

    ReplyDelete