Saturday, October 9, 2010

Today was my beginner crochet class

Today I took a beginner crochet class with my youngest daughter, Jennifer. She wanted to learn to crochet and I used to make granny squares in 1973 (my Nana taught me how) but that was a long time ago and I wanted to graduated to something beyond granny squares! I have to say I wasn't really a beginner compared to some of the women in the class so I breezed right through all the teacher (who was wonderful by the way) taught us! Kathy, the teacher was really excited that the crocheting came right back to me and that I did so well. We made a washcloth or it could be a dishcloth for the kitchen, which ever you wanted. I picked 100% pima cotton and it is a turquoise color with a green under tone-it is just gorgeous! I just love it. Guess everyone will be getting a set of wash cloths or dish cloths for Christmas this year!! It is too dark tonight to take a picture but I'll take one tomorrow and post it. Off to knit now-can't neglect my shawl!!

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Can't wait to see your project! I used to knit (I only know one, yes - I said one stitch!) at night but now I blog! It's getting cool here, finally, so I should pick it back up. It's a shame to waste all that talent!

Kay said...

Congratulations! Not only are you a whiz at using knitting needles, but a crochet hook also. I'm so jealous!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

How fun taking a class like that! I am starting a photography class this week. I am really looking forward to it.
Hugs,
Penny


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!