Monday, February 21, 2011

David Austin Roses are beautiful!

I love to garden but the townhouse we are renting doesn't have much space for gardening in the courtyard. I have lots of plants in containers and 2 of the containers have roses in them. I have decided since we will be moving around May 1st to hopefully a house I would like to get some more roses. That has got me thinking about the beautiful David Austin roses! I went to the website and here are some of my favorites:


This rose is Lady of Megginch. I just love this rich pink color and fullness of this rose!


Munstead Wood Rose is just a gorgeous color of magenta. I really want this rose!


Shropshire Lad Rose is a beautiful peachy, shell pink color. This might just have to make it into my collection too!


Crown Princess Margareta is a lovely name for this apricot colored rose.


If you would like a thornless rose,this James Galway fits the bill! I just love this one!


I have always loved the apricot-brandy colored roses. The Grace Rose has so many petals-I just love it!!

It will be really hard to choose which ones I really must have, so maybe I'll have to order all of them-LOL!!!

8 comments:

tinajo said...

Wow, they are all just gorgeous! :-)

Mary said...

So beautiful! I can almost smell them :-)

Donnie said...

What beauty there is in nature.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Hello Sherri!
Thanks for stopping by today and leaving a sweet comment. I love your header picture with the lilacs in it! OH my...I LOVE David Austin roses. I had 5 of his roses in our cottage in the city and I loved them all. I had 3 climbers and the others were shrub roses. They all had such wonderful scents and the flowers were to 'die for'! I hope you do buy some from them. I'm thinking of ordering some for here on the farm but I have a lot of work to do before I'm ready for them. Good luck choosing which ones you want to order!
Maura :)

My Cottage Charm said...

Hey Sherri! Thanks for your sweet comment on my tea for two tablescape, I truly enjoyed working on it! (at 4:00 AM!!) :) I had a headache and couldn't sleep, so I played instead.
Those roses are gorgeous, I don't think I could make my mind up either..I'd have to have one of each! :)
TTYL
Missy

Donna said...

Love them! I want them all!

Kathy said...

David Austin Roses are amazing - I have a few - none you mentioned - but I do love their full-petaled look!
Great choices!
Kathy

Kay said...

Oh my! They are gorgeous! I do love the scent of roses as well.


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!