Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fair Isle Class at the end of the Month

I had knitting group last night and I was reminded that I signed up for a Fair Isle knitting class on 2/26. I have always wanted to learn how to do this knitting technique. It looks complicated but our instructor, Kathy is so good at teaching us that I'm sure she will make it as simple as possible! Here is a picture of what we will be making:



I love this shell because you can wear it alone or over a shirt like in the picture above. Mine will be turquoise, hot pink, a small amount of black and lime green. I selected all the yarns last night and they look wonderful together. I don't think the class is going to be that big, so it will be good to have personal attention if we get stuck in spots! This is a great, talented group of women and I'm so glad I found them! What fun we'll have!

8 comments:

  1. I love that sweater. And it looks great layered over that shirt. I am looking forward to seeing yours when it is finished.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny! I love the colors I picked!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sherri! :) So neat that you have the same rolling pin that I have! My mom has marbles in the one that she has too. She changes hers out every once in a while too.
    Congrats on your grandbaby!!! I have three boys and they have all been such a joy! (well, 99% of the time!) lol
    Hope you have a great day..it's supposed to be 66degrees here today, so I'm getting my spray paint ready! lol :)
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to look so pretty on you. Love your choices of color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I would love to start knitting..., picking up where I left it when I was a teen!! I keep saying it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished creation. You have such a fabulous artistic eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH do we admire you! That will be so darn cute - we are jealous! We are hoping to just learn how to knit someday. We have a good customer that wants us to go knit with her at her sister's shop....it's on our list of "to do's"....but I think that a fair isle sweater would be quite a way off! HAve fun with your class Sherri - and be sure to post some pictures!
    Karla & Karrie

    by the way, your border is so pretty - we can't wait for that spring stuff to show up!

    ReplyDelete