Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Penny Necklace and the Birthstone Ring

The other day a co-worker asked me to make his wife, Penny a necklace for Valentine's Day made from a US Penny. He gave me free range on how it was to be created so this is what I came up with:







Then today I went to a local bead shop and took a Sterling Silver wire birthstone ring class. The teacher was horrible, but by following the directions I was able to figure out what I needed to do. I made a synthetic emerald birthstone ring. I think it turned out really good but I think the more practice I get the better they will turn out. I think this has opened a whole new world for me!



6 comments:

  1. Both items are stunning Sherri. You really have a talent there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both very beautiful, but you really outdid yourself with that graceful, elegant ring. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, they are gorgeous! Love them. How sweet of the co-worker to have that penny set in a necklace. It must have a special meaning.

    By the way, I wish you lived closer and could come and join the party! :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sherri! You are so talented! I am more than impressed! Oh, I bought The Tea Rose and cannot wait to start reading it!:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie-I wish I lived closer too!

    Lori-I hope you love The Tea Rose as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you´re so good at this - love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete