Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Okame Cherry Trees are blooming in Charlotte!


I was driving along Ballantyne Commons Parkway today and the Okame cherry trees are in full bloom! The deep pink blossoms just pop out and says Spring to me!! I love that in February we have flowering trees here in Charlotte. If I still lived in the North it would be months before anything would be blooming let alone a tree! Over the weekend I actually saw a weeping cherry tree starting to blossom also. It was warm this weekend, but to see this tree start blossoming was a real surprise to me!



I'm going to enjoy these beautiful trees and try and take some pictures over the weekend. I know if it gets really warm, really fast they will be here today and gone tomorrow. I'll be enjoying them while I can!

7 comments:

  1. They really are beautiful trees. I love the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I swear we will head south one of these days and here is even more reason to do so. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - it´s so beautiful! Wish I could see it in real life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherri! This is just gorgeous - I haven't seen cherry trees blooming here yet, Macon has a cherry tree festival I've never been to, but I think it would be wonderful!
    Gorgeous!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful! Enjoy them ~ love the pink!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri- we are in Florida right now- we left the cold gray days up north. On our drive down I also saw blooming trees- what a welcome sight! It will still be 6 weeks or so for us up north to see this gush of spring- I am so ready!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi
    can you please tell me where to purchase some of the beautiful bedding in you 2011 blog. Can you email please

    ReplyDelete