Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring is arriving in Charlotte

Today I had a Fair Isle knitting class and it was awesome! I came out and the weather was absolutely wonderful!! Sandal wearing weather as a matter of fact! When I got home I walked through the courtyard to go into the house. I started seeing alot of my daylilies, peonies, roses, camellias and other plants all turning green. Spring is really coming to Charlotte now. I love to see all the renewal around me. I love seeing all the green coming back to life and all the spring flowers blooming. Here are some of the photos I took of the things coming back to life in my garden:


My camellias have started to bloom and they are gorgeous!


All of my daylilies have started to grow and turn green! I can't wait until they start flowering. I know that will be some time from now but I can dream!


My 2 containers of lamb's ear is coming back to life. I love this plant! The gray-green coloring along with the fuzzy feel of the leaves is wonderful!


This isn't a very bright picture but my tree peony is growing and buds are forming!! This plant bloomed so beautifully last year. I hope I get the same beautiful flowers this year!


My neighbor, Kathleen has wisteria growing on her fence and it climbs over to our side. I really don't mind because the blossoms are so beautiful and they smell so good. I was surprised today to see the wisteria leaves have budded up already.


This Meyer Lemon tree isn't outside but it is in my Living Room. I was so surprised when I saw this Lemon forming on the tree! I also have another lemon forming too. I am really excited that this tree is finally producing lemons!

14 comments:

  1. I am SO excited about your lemons! What a treat! And I adore camellias! They are one of my favorites. I can't wait for mine to bloom.:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, thanks for sharing your Spring preview pics. We got another three inches of snow today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a happy post. I especially love camelias! It's wonderful to see spring in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your class sounds like so much fun!!! I'm jealous. I still want to come down some time and go to your knitting shop. Let's plan to do that one Saturday! I see so many signs of spring here too. Woo hoo!!! I am so ready for spring. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for sandal wearing weather!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring seems to be arriving here in Mississippi too.I have spent the last two hours reading your blog-it is lovely. I am now following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are almost there, but that big freeze a couple of weeks ago slowed things down. Love seeing your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so awesome! I have started to see Spring around here too!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have flowers and plants in NC but don't keep anything in pots because of schlepping them back and forth to Florida so I have stuck things in the ground up there that never should grow but they do...lol...You have to be hardy to live with me. We head back March 28th and I'm ready. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been warm here too....but not sandal weather yet. My Meyer Lemon tree (inside for the winter) had 6 little green lemons for a few months now. They are growing slowly - I heard they take 6-7 months to mature. Fingers crossed for both of us!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am feeling immensely jealous! Flowers blooming, lemons growing - you're wearing sandals!!! lol and I'm buried under a whole bunch of snow again with more coming.

    Have a great week Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi everyone! Thanks for posting here! I love Spring and it is especially wonderful in NC!

    Melinda-come down to Charlotte any time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful - have to admit that I´m jelaous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always wanted a lemon tree but I don't think we have enough light in our house. Lucky you! Everything seems to be popping out and turning green with blooms. Today is supposed to be near 80 degrees. I've already been out walking the dogs and spending time in the garden.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete