Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Birthstone Rings!

On my 16th birthday my Mom took me to the local jewelry store to pick out a birthstone ring. My birthday is in July, so the ruby is my birthstone. I have always been fascinated with birthstone rings-don't know why but I just am! You all know I make jewelry in my spare time and I go to a local bead shop called The Bead Lush (what an appropriate name!!). Well February 12th I will be taking a birthstone ring class. Here is a picture of a ring the instructor made:



I have only made a few rings in my jewelry career, but I have never taken a class before. I can't wait to find the "secrets" the instructor has for making beautiful rings like the one she made!

Did anyone ever get a birthstone ring for a special birthday?

7 comments:

  1. My birthstone is diamond which can pose some problems! I did however inherit my great aunts engagement ring which is a diamond so I'm very pleased with that!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have so much fun in your class! My high school class ring had my birthstone in it. It is a topaz....
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a faux emerald birthstone ring when I was about 18 but it was lost during a move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri, your class sounds like so much fun!!! I have my birthstone ring that I got as a teenager. It is an aquamarine! Enjoy your class. Can't wait to see what you make. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really impressed! My birthstone is a ruby and I don't think I've ever owned a ruby ring! You are so creative. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you learn how to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no i never got or gave a birthstone ring for a birthday, but that is a great idea! i am a may baby so i think mine's emerald??
    thanks sherri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, I can't wait till you're making rings. I won't be able to resist one. They look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete