Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Whole Family Crafting on Super Bowl Sunday!



This picture isn't the greatest but John took this of the girls and I "crafting" while the guys watched the Super Bowl. Not very flattering for the 3 of us but we didn't even know he took it until after the fact! All the way to the left is me, in the middle is Jenny and on the right is Megan. Megan was doing her counted cross-stitch project, Jenny was asking me a question about her baby sweater she is knitting and I was answering her while trying to take out a mistake she had made. Before undoing the row Jenny had just knitted, I was working on the baby blanket for my co-worker. We are very "crafty" women! My one and half chair is always where it is in its corner by the fireplace but the guys moved the wicker chairs in front of the fireplace for the girls so we could all be together. I really think they did that so we wouldn't bother them with their game-LOL!!

Since the Super Bowl I have finally completed the co-workers baby blanket and will be giving it to him next Monday. Jenny had a snag with her baby sweater but I got it straightened out for her now and it is going along great. Megan got alot more done on her counted cross-stitch project too!

It was a "priceless" moment for me having my girls and their men with John and I enjoying some crafting, football and some good times! Of course, there was alot of good food to go around too!

9 comments:

  1. It does sound like you all had a perfect time together, each enjoying doing what they like best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I love this photo. It reminds me of those scenes in the Victorian movies where you have the ladies enjoying their activities in the drawing rooms while the man talked business...LOL. Too cute! How could you concentrate on the game and handling needles?! :) I can't wait to hear about the co-workers baby blanket. I think you"ll have a bawling fest on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone looks so comfy doing what they love to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all look quite happy enjoying your crafting!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a perfect way to spend Super Bowl Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful just being together and crafting!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh... I'm so happy for you. I wish I could get my kids home here together. It's been such a long time that we were all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's so funny! My husband and daughter have been crocheting flowers and I have been attempting lace - Not on SuperBowl night, but earlier!
    So cool!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan really needed that light over her cause counted cross stitch makes my eyes cross. That is a lovely picture of all you crafty women.

    ReplyDelete