Friday, February 11, 2011

Spring and My Tree Peony

Last night when I got home from the Salon I saw the spotlight was shining right down on the huge pot I've got my tree peony in. I also saw some red shoots coming up out of the leaves I had put on this beautiful plant to protect it from the winter elements. I walked into the house and told John, "Spring is on its way because my tree peony says so"! Of course, you could tell by the look on his face that I must have had a glass of wine (or 2) at the Salon while getting my haircut because plants just don't talk to you-LOL! I then explained what I saw in the pot that held the tree peony and he immediately he had a look of great relief on his face! This tree peony has been with me for a long time. When we moved from NJ in 2004 I dug it up and brought it with me! It is absolutely beautiful and I'll share this picture of one of the blossom (which by the way was the size of a dinner plate)from last year:



See why I love this beautiful plant so much!! Everyone have a lovely day and weekend. Stop by your florist, grocery store or flower market and bring some lovely spring blossoms into your life!

6 comments:

  1. I have wanted to try out a tree peony for a while now. That bloom is phenomenal. Although seeing any bloom here in NJ this time of year is exciting. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peony bloom is gorgeous! I just bought six peony bare root bushes at Lowe's yesterday and can't wait to plant them this weekend! There are little shoots growing on all the plants in my garden... can't wait for Spring!!!
    Hope you have a great day!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous bloom. I might have to go to the nursery when we get back home and look for one. Have a wonderful day Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I have never heard of a Tree Peony! That is just beautiful.
    Hugs
    PEnny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tree peony!! You must a "green thumb"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! My favorite color! That is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete