Sunday, February 20, 2011

I'm Back!!

I made it back safe and sound from my Company Trip to Hillsville, VA! We had a wonderful time and we really enjoyed ourselves! Here is how the trip played out:

Friday afternoon we arrived in Hillsville at 3:15 p.m. We unloaded the cars, unpacked and started to relax a little. Then some of us drove over to the Subcontractor's house and picked up some steaks. We came back to the house and started a rip roaring fire in the pit and cooked the steaks, baked potatoes and tossed the salad. While the steaks were cooking we did some target shooting. I have shot targets with rifles before on my uncles farm when I was growing up. I have never fired a pistol before though. One of the guys brought their 350 magnum and I shot that! Then we all(10 of us) set down and had a great dinner together! Then we all piled into 3 cars and drove over to the Subcontractor's Saloon that he has. We stayed there visiting until about 10:00. We drove back over the mountain to where we were staying and then we all went to sleep.

Saturday a.m. the girls and I went over to the main house (the house where all the guys were staying) and we had breakfast with all of them. Then the 2 owners and one of the Superintendents of the company left to go back to Charlotte. Another one of the guys headed to his brothers in Greensboro, NC and another guy headed further up into VA to visit friends. 6 of us got on the three 4 wheelers and had a great time riding the trails in the mountains for about 3 hrs. Then all the fun was over and we headed back to Charlotte.

We had a wonderful time with no work, just relaxation and good times! We are making plans to do this again! Here are some pictures of our weekend:


This is the bridge over the creek going to the house and barn where we were staying.


This is the view from the porch of the main house. I just love that creek!


This is the barn on the property and the apartment the girls stayed in was in the upstairs of this barn. It was a really nice apartment, but I forgot to take a picture of it.


This beautiful pond was right outside the barn apartment the girls stayed in. It was wonderful standing out on the deck looking at this view!


This is the stagecoach the Subcontractor that hosted us has in his carriage barn. It is an exact replica of a stagecoach used in the West.


This is a fancy carriage he has in the carriage barn too. It was gorgeous-shiny black paint and lush red velvet seats! He also has a pumpkin coach for weddings, an Amish buggy, a carriage with a surrey top, a hearse carriage, a white coach for weddings and 2 regular buckboards.


In the saloon there was a tin ceiling. It was so pretty, I just had to show you!


Here is a view from the top of the mountain we rode the 4-wheelers up to. This picture doesn't do it justice. The view was just beautiful!


We drove the 4-wheelers down by the creek. It was so beautiful along the creek, wild rhodedendrons were growing in large groups all along the creek and there were beautiful stone outcrops along the creek too.

Well that is all the photos I've got of the trip-hope you enjoyed them!

10 comments:

  1. I've been to Hillsville. Glad you all had a wonderful time! It is always nice to get away for a weekend. Have a great week. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I can't see you shooting the gun or 4 wheeling, though! You are more of a daredevil than I though, Sherri! I am impressed! I don't know if I am that brave.... Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new banner. Beautiful. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Loved that stagecoach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an awesome trip...beautiful pics and WELCOME BACK!!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your trip was fun and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great weekend! My son shoots pistols for 4-H, and I have to say, it's a pretty cool sport! Love that stage coach - how cool is that! All I thought about was Doris Day singing about the Deadwood Stage in Calamity Jane though!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful place to spend the weekend! The pictures are wonderful and I'm so glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've had a fantastic time. Welcome hoome!

    ReplyDelete