Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Decorations at our House

I think I am finally done with the Christmas decorations at our house. The Tree is decorated,
the mantel is done, outside is done and now I can focus on other things like baking cookies, making the last remaining gifts, card writing, etc. Here are some pictures of our decorations that I promised.

Our 10' Tree

This Silent Night Ornament was my Grandparents from the '40's or '50's.

Woodland Santa Ornament

Last year my sister, Sue gave me this ornament for Christmas. It is a picture of me when I was 2 yrs. old!!

I bought this lovely sparkly jeweled snowflake ornament from Pottery Barn. It is one of my favorites.

This is the blue cupboard I have in the Dining Room all spruced up for Christmas.

This is my old world Santas, the Belleek china cottage ornament we got in Ireland and a Cast Soldier on his horse on the blue cupboard in the Dining Room.

On the other side of the Blue Cupboard I put the Christmas Teapot and service for two!

This is my Byer's Carolers collection on the entertainment unit in the Family Room. The entertainment unit was made by my Dad a few years ago.

Closeup of the Byer's Carolers.

Here is the mantel in the Family Room.


This Santa is on the mantel is mine and my Papa gave it to me when I was 1! That makes my Santa 51 yrs. old!

Here is Old Befana, my Byer's doll on the other side of the mantel.

My antiqued tin reindeer are in the center of the mantel. I put the red votives on either side to add some color.

Well that is all for today. I have alot more to show you but I will do it over the next few days. Gives you something to look forward too!

10 comments:

  1. I really like that sparkly snowflake too. Let's face it. I just like sparkly things. Your whole house looks gorgeous, Sherri. It's so wonderfully festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas tree is beautiful! I have my parents first ornament that is very similar to your Grandparents. I am taking pictures of my tree tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas decorations Sherri! Love that ornament your sister made for you...you were a cutie at 2 years old. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so nice! It seems like you have a lot of wonderful things with special memories attached to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks beautiful, and I love the picture ornament of you that your sister gave you!

    Enjoy your baking and gift making!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so cozy - thanks for sharing! I just have the tree left, then I´ll be done too..! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Your tree looks wonderful (mine has been destroyed by cats). Your home looks full of the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Sherri, that couldn't have been more fun! It was like walking through your beautiful, Christmasy house. Thank you. I particularly love the photograph ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Silent Night ornament is such a precious memory.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete