Friday, December 9, 2011

The Tree is Finally Decorated!


Last night John and I finally completed trimming our tree. I will take pictures over the weekend. Decorating a 10' tree is not such an easy task! I am really upset though because I cannot find the box that has our antique ornaments in it. We moved in May and I know they came with us but now over the weekend I have to tear the garage apart to find them. I miss my clip on birds, little pine cones that are dusted with glitter that were my grandparents ornaments, etc., etc.! I know I will find them, but it is upsetting not knowing where they are. I put the Nativity up last night with my bible from when I was in 3rd grade. I always clip a real feather white dove to the bible just like my Nana did! I have a Waterford votive candle holder next to the Nativity too and I light it every night the week of Christmas. Christmas Day I usually keep it lit the whole day unless we go out. This year I did the banister a little different. We always put the Christmas greens with pinecones on the banister with little white lights but this year I added some small ornaments too-it looks wonderful! I put my mercury glass candlesticks up on the mantel and the glittery silver bird and greens. I also added some antique Santas along with the Santa my Papa gave me when I was one (that makes Santa 51 years old!). I still have to put up my Dickens Village some where and add a few things here and there but I'm pretty much done decorating.

I will be taking pictures and posting everything for you to see over the weekend. It was just too late last night and too dark.

Now I can concentrate on getting the handmade Christmas gifts done and baking a few dozen cookies!

Everyone remember to enjoy the Season!!

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your 10' tree!! Have a wonderful weekend Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pics of your tree, Sherri. I hope you can find the missing box of ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been busy. Looking forward to seeing all the decorations!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do hope you find the box of your ornaments.

    Can't wait to see pics of the tree,

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus is the reason! Let us not forget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete