Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections on 2011 and Looking Forward to 2012!


This is a time for reflection on the year that will be passing tonight. Alot of things have happened in our family this year! The biggest one is the birth of Owen to our youngest daughter, Jenny and our son-in-law, Kevin. Owen has brought so much happiness into all of our lives. There just isn't enough words that come to mind to explain what Owen has brought this family!

John has had a rough year but will definitely rise above all this. In the beginning of the year he was hired by a title company here in Charlotte to do commercial and residential real estate title underwriting for them. They had a very good and busy year. But for some reason John's boss has made a not so great decision at the end, he decided to lay John off due to the January, February slow down he is expecting. John has had one interview and hopefully next week another one is will be set up! It will all work out, I have faith it will!

We had many visitors from the North visit us this summer. First my sister, Sue, brother-in-law, Chuck and nephew, Troy came down in July for a visit. They were just in time to see Owen! A month later my Mom, Dad, younger sister, Sandy and 2 nieces, Devyn and Shawna came for a visit. We loved visiting with all of them!!

My job has been very busy and looks like it will stay that way for some time to come thank goodness!!

I have been reading a little more lately! I finshed reading 16 books this year. This is not my best total but I have been knitting alot. I am trying to learn to balance the two.

I completed alot more knitting gifts this year and managed to take a fair isle sweater class to! I made 5 scarves for Christmas gifts this year alone!

I very rarely make resolutions on New Year's Eve but this I will make 1. I will be buying and making Christmas gifts all through the year so I don't have to rush getting so many projects completed. I am finishing up a scarf for me and then i will start on that!

I wish all of you my friend a very Happy New Year!!

10 comments:

  1. All the best to you and your family for 2012!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed for John. I am wishing you all the best in the New Year Sherri.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, my best New Year wishes to you and your family.
    Glad to know you're knitting something for yourself - those cold days of Winter are on the way at last by the sound of it!

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you, John and the kids all the best in 2012. Sending extra wishes John's way for the job search.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to wish you and your family an even happier, healthier new year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for John too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri,
    Happy New Year my friend...I know it's going to be a good one for y'all!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and your family all the best this coming year! Prayers for John's job search! I love how you change your blog with the beautiful header pictures to go with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Sherri! We so enjoyed spending 2011 with you...can't wait to spend 2012 with you as well!!
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete