Monday, December 26, 2011

What a Wonderful Christmas!!


Christmas Eve was spent at Megan and Ken's House. Jenny, Kevin, Owen, John and I joined Megan and Ken. We had some relaxing time before a lovely turkey dinner Megan and Ken prepared. It was so delicious!! Then we all went to church for the 11:00 p.m. service. After church Kevin, Jenny and Owen came back to our house to stay overnight and Megan and Ken went home to their house. Owen was so good in church! He loved the music and candlelight.

Christmas morning started at about 8:30-8:45. Megan and Ken came over and the festivites began!! (Jenny had gotten up with Owen around 5:45 but I went downstairs and said Merry Christmas one of my presents to you is go back to bed and I'll take care of feeding Owen). We had some lovely Nana and Owen time!!

There were so many gifts under the tree-we could hardly believe it! Everyone was so generous! There were so many gifts to list but a few highlights of the day were:

1. John got a mountain bike from Jenny, Kevin and Owen.
2. I got a triange chawl loom handmade by Kevin (from Kevin, Jenny and Owen).
3. John got 2 rounds of golf at Ballantyne Resort and Country Club from Megan and Ken.
4. I got a lovely lampwork bead bracelet from Ken and Megan.

There were many, many more gifts but the biggest gift of all was that we were all together and had so much fun! We were relaxed and played with Owen! I want to thank both of our girls, their husbands and Owen for a most enjoyable Christmas 2011!! You all are the greatest!!!

8 comments:

  1. One of my favorite Christmas memories was an early early Christmas morning with my newborn...just she and I and the Christmas lights :) Wonderful times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful, wonderful Christmas. The best part? The baby in the morning! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't ask for a better Christmas than yours, Sherri. The photo of Owen is so sweet! Can't wait to see what you create on the loom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to spend the holiday, and Owen is so cute! Sounds like you made out with all of your great presents...enjoy!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a truly blessed Christmas was had by everyone at your house, Sherri.
    How nice for you!
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherri! I'm so glad you were all together on Christmas morning. How blessed you are!!! Sounds like it was a wonderful couple of days for you. That Owen is just adorable! How sweet of you to take over like that on Christmas morning. I'm sure that was well appreciated! A very nice gesture and what fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had such a fabulous Christmas, Sherri. We had a quiet, but lovely time also. Now on to New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a precious little bundle in that red and white! I'm glad your Christmas was a good one, especially since I just read the previous post.

    ReplyDelete