Friday, December 16, 2011

The World of Teddy

I have been very sick with a double sinus infection and double ear infection the past few days. I missed work yesterday and spent the entire day in bed. As most of you know, we have a Golden Retriever named Teddy. Teddy was a rescue and he has been with us for 3.5 yrs. Every time I woke up from sleeping Teddy was there "guarding" me. I was downstairs at first on the couch and he got up on the ottoman to watch me but I guess he fell asleep!


I guess when he realized he fell asleep he decided he better check on me from the ottoman!


Teddy kept vigil the whole while I was downstairs.


I decided to stay in bed all day yesterday. He decided someone needed to watch me. He hopped up on the bed and took very good care of me all day!

Doesn't he look so regal even though he was a little camera shy.

I appreciate having Teddy "guard" and watch over me while I'm getting better. He is such a great dog and a wonderful addition to the family. He lets Owen pet him. Even though Owen is very gentle sometimes his aim isn't that great. Teddy didn't move a muscle when Owen pet his eyes! I think they will be the best of friends for years to come.

Well back to resting! Just thought I would stop in a show you how well I'm being taken care of!

11 comments:

  1. Sherri, dogs really sense when something is up with their humans, don't they? We have a Jack Russell terrier and she's the same way. Teddy is quite handsome and regal. I hope you're feeling a little better today and will be 100% by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs are so sensitive to our emotions.He knew you would feel better with him there beside you-and you did didn't you. Hope all that medicine makes you feel better by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teddy is a beautiful dog....hope you feel better soon Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...you gotta love a boy like that! I hope you are feeling better by now..and completely well by Monday- Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad Teddy is such a gentle and sweet caregiver. You're very fortunate to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri,
    Sorry that you are sick, but it sounds like you have one heck of dog there in Teddy. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Blessings,
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Sherri!

    Thanks for checking my button ornaments on Under The Table and Dreaming!

    I am completely enjoying browsing your blog! Very lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, he´s a sweetie - and I can definately see that you´re in good hands (or is it paws..?)! :-) Get better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww....your Teddy is so sweet! I hope you're feeling better so you can enjoy this week before Christmas. :)
    I'm glad you liked my pink foyer...it's always fun to decorate for christmas, but it's even more fun when it's pink! lol :)
    Take it easy and continue to heal my sweet friend!
    Hope you and yours have a VERY Merry CHRISTmas and a happy new year!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherri, I'm sorry you are sick! Oh, I how you get better. Thanks for letting me know you posted about Teddy. He is so beautiful and precious! I'm just love him! And so glad he is so in tune with you. They always bring such quiet comfort when we are not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these pics of Teddy! And what a wonderful name... it seems a perfect name for him.

    ReplyDelete