Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A New Year's Resolution Early!


I have been extremely busy the past few months trying to make alot of my Christmas gifts. I have definitely made a New Year Resolution early-I will be starting in January making knitting or handmade gifts. I never seem to be able to enjoy the holidays because I am frantically making things, especially knitted things. I have also decided that I will be buying gifts for people all year through and a few small things for stockings, etc. during the holiday buying season. I feel better already just saying that is what I'm going to do! I am really going to try my hardest to do just that!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

9 comments:

Brenda @ It's A Beautiful Life said...

Yes... I often say that too, and get caught up in the dailies of the current month so I tend to put it off.

I think you'll be successful... I can hear it in your 'voice'!

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a wonderful resolution! Can I join you? I would so love to creating things year round and be able to relax and enjoy the holidays... Lori

Sherri said...

Lori, by all means join me!! I am really going to do it this year! Of course, I will always have last minute jewelry orders but not the pressure of getting my knitting and other handmade gifts done. We need to really enjoy the season!

jenclair said...

Although I love making things time of year, if I feel pressured to complete gifts, then it is no longer fun. Great resolution, Sherri!

Maybe you should do a monthly post to record your process and to encourage more of us to do the same.

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

Sounds like a great plan Sheri!

Sherri said...

Jenclair, great idea-I think I will!

Darlene said...

I promise myself that I'm going to do this each year but then I never do. Lol.

Kay said...

Good for you! It sure is a hectic time and I'm beginning to feel the pressure growing.

tinajo said...

Sounds like a good idea, I should do the same! :-)


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!