Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas Everyone!!


I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Whether you are staying home or traveling enjoy your family and friends! I hope Santa sees how good everyone was this year and y'all get some awesome gifts whether they are material or spiritual.

Our daughters, their husbands and of course, Owen will be spending the day at our house celebrating, enjoying each others company, relaxing and playing with Owen and his toys! We are having roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, pumpkin and apple pie. Should be yummy!

Christmas Eve we are all going to Megan's house for dinner and then we will all go to the 11:00 church service together. I love coming out of church at midnight and feel the hush that comes over everyone when they reflect on the church service and its message.

This Christmas will be fun having Owen celebrating with us! Children always make Christmas special. Next year will be real fun!

John, my husband was laid off last Friday as of 12/30, but we have decided to not think about this during Christmas. We will deal with this "Scrooge" like thing that has happened to him after the holidays. We have many things to be thankful for and we are truly blessed with family, friends and having each other!

See you all after the holidays!! Merry Christmas!!

12 comments:

  1. Merry Christas to you! I am so sorry that your hubby got laid off at Christmas time, of all times! Blessings and I hope you can enjoy the Holidays in spite of that fact- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I hope you have the merriest of Christmases. And things will all work out, they always do. Big hugs to Owen, and I'm glad you are feeling better!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts will be with you as your celebrate Christmas the way it should be - with loving family and children around. I'm certain John will find something new and perhaps better after the holidays - meanwhile your positive attitude will enable you all to have a lovely, blessed Christmas together.

    Loving thoughts go out to you Sherri - Happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year, and glad you are feeling better now.
    Thanks for being such a great blog friend - I always love your comments.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherri, Merry Christmas to you, John and the kids. Enjoy that perfect gift - your grandson Owen. Wishing you all a healthy and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping in to wish you a blessed Christmas and especially good news and opportunities for your husband in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sherry
    That is terrible that John got laid off. I will be praying for a new job for him very soon. I hope having little Owen for Christmas will make everything brighter
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherri, I just wanted to stop in and say I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, I hope you've had a lovely day despite the dreadful news you have been given.

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherii...Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas! What a blessing to have baby Owen with you this year which will make the holiday so much fun. Prayers for John and his job, that just stinks that this happened at this time of year. Positive thoughts that something will come along in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Christmas to you, sweetie. I know you and John will be fine and all will work out. Sending out the vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry about your husband being laid off. What a rotten time for this to happen. On the other hand, I'm hearing that the economy is starting to pick up again, so there is hope in the horizon.

    I'm wishing you a peaceful Christmas and happier new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I´m so glad you´ve had a great Christmas with all the kids! Here´s to many more great days! :-)

    ReplyDelete