Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back from Fayetteville!

Hi Everyone! I got back from Fayetteville this afternoon. I had a wonderful weekend with Angie! She is so sweet!! Friday night we went to this wonderful Italian restaurant in downtown Fayetteville. It was truly awesome!! I had Penne ala Vodka Sauce with Shrimp, which was divine! Angie had lobster ravioli (she was so nice she left me sample it and it was soooooo good!!!). We went to a lovely tea room in Pinehurst, NC on Saturday and then drove over to Southern Pines and walked along the streets and stopped at shops along the way. I bought a wonderful smelling bar of soap called Coastal Verbena and a pottery butter dish. We had a great time!! That night we thought we would go to the movie King's Speech. We got to the theater in plenty of time but there was a mix up in the time of the movie. Online it said it was 7 when in fact it was 6:30! We decided we didn't want to miss the first half hour of the movie so we went to a local restaurant and had burgers. I left right after lunch today and made it home by 2:30. It was a really easy ride home.

I had a wonderful time and want to thank Angie so much for her hospitality!!

8 comments:

  1. So glad you had a safe trip and sounds like a lot of fun. Eating and Shopping means fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time. I enjoyed every minute of it! :) I sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely - good to have you back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had alot of fun and good food too. Now as for the book with Fayetteville in it, I gotta remember which one as I have read 6 in the past 2 weeks lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to see that movie, too. Didn't Colin Firth get a Golden Globe for it?

    ReplyDelete