Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Perfect Day!

I am here at work buried under a ton of work, mountains and mountains of it! I know I shouldn't but I started daydreaming for a bit. I was thinking about what my perfect day would be if I could just escape this madness for just a little while. Here are a few things I came up with:


I would love to spend some time in Bora, Bora. That isn't going to happen, but what a lovely dream that is!


I would love some nice warm sun and warmer weather to appear so I could have some tea outside, like in this picture. I miss sitting at the picnic table in the courtyard, having tea and just plain enjoying my surroundings!


Reading would be at the top of my list also! I could combine the tea outside with the reading. That would be some perfect time for me that's for sure!


Last but not least is knitting. I have really enjoyed creating things for people! I have been working on some gifts for people and just the joy of seeing their faces when they open up their present is priceless! Knitting for me is very relaxing and almost Zen like, very tranquil!

Well that is just a few things I would love to be doing right now. But now reality has settled back in and I better get the cobwebs out of my mind and get working on these mountains of work!!

Everyone have an enjoyable day!!

5 comments:

  1. Well I am with you on everything except the knitting, for me that would be quilting or photography. Thanks for getting me thinking too and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and you're welcome to come to tea here any day if you teach me to knit again. I haven't knitted in 35-40 years and want to start again. Hope it's like riding a bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with dreaming, is there? Maybe one day you can escape to Bora Bora. It does look beautiful there. I too love to knit. It is very relaxing to me. Enjoy your weekend. I am headed to a ladies retreat weekend. I so need some rest and relaxation!! Plan on taking my knitting! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sherri, i love your pictures, and the idea of dreaming out loud :) i'd love to see bora bora as well, i tried knitting lessons from my mum but i got bored real fast so i gave that up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with day dreaming, Sherri! I'd love to be on that beach right now!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete