Sunday, January 2, 2011

Things that are White

This time of year I don't know why but I love things that are white. I love to decorate with alot of white, have fresh white flowers in the house, use white dishes and table linens,white bedding, dream of white gardens, etc., etc. I think to me white in the new year represents starting fresh again, a sort of renewal! I started thinking of all the white things I love and here is a collection of things I found and thought I would share them with you!



When I was a little girl I always wanted a vanity when I grew up. Well I don't have one but I found this picture of one. Wouldn't any woman feel special putting her makeup or jewelry on at this one! I know I would!


I took this picture in the Fall when I was up in Asheville. I could just write letters for hours at a desk like this.


If I had this bed, I would feel like a Queen! I always feel white bed linens are so calming and soothing. I think I get this thought from my Nana, she always had beautiful white bed linens.


White bed linens very similar to the ones Nana had.



I have an antique stepback cupboard in my Dining Room, maybe a display of white dishes similar to this would look beautiful! Something to think about.


When I saw this picture of this white living room, my first thought was how comfy it looked! I could just see myself knitting or reading in that room for hours!

White tea sets and white table settings have always been a favorite of mine! I would love to have the things in the next two pictures:






You could add these beautiful white cupcakes to your white tea set too! These creations are just gorgeous!


This Victorian white fence piece was in an antique shop in Asheville. White I was photographing it and looking at it, I thought what a wonderful piece to use in a sun room or even a victorian white garden. There are so many things you could do with this piece of the past!

Well I hope I haven't bored you with my "white" obsession. I just think there are so many beautiful white things in the world. Color is wonderful, but sometimes white is just magical! Off to think of some new ways to add white into my home decorating!

14 comments:

  1. Sherri, I think people like white after Christmas because it seems so simple after the holiday decorations. Actually, this month Country Living is all about white, including the cover. I love that shabby chic white bed. It is stunning and looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all beautiful......love that bed.

    happy new year sherri....
    xo
    penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about it, but white for the new year is so calming. I took all of my Christmas decorations down yesterday, but decided to leave the white lights on the mantel and a small tree that has white lights and ornaments on it. I thought i would leave them up for January, since we just some snow this week!

    Happy New Year, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm planning to change my bedding tomorrow and it'll be white sheets for me!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I love white as well but right now it's snowing outside and piling up quite a bit so I'm seeing white all over the place. lol.

    Really though I'd love a house with all of this stuff in it especially the vanity and the bed. How beautiful!

    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps I am in love with white now, too! Dreamy, Sherri! I can see why you love it! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always coveted those vanities from the 60's that were shiny gold colored legs with a glass top and glass shelf and I wanted one so bad. My sweet Mom found an old wooden one with a huge round mirror in some kind of dark wood and it was massive. I was disappointed as a 16 year old but I bet it would be worth something now. I loved all the whites, so crisp and clean looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love white during the winter, JUST UNTIL Valentine's Day when "Spring Fever Hits me BAD", then I'm looking for the weather to break and wishing my garden to bloom(But that will not happen till end of March, but I can DREAM)!!! I don't know how I happened here, but it's delightful and I'm hoping you will visit me too AND MAYBE become a new FOLLOWER. I LOVE company!
    Happy New Year
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always loved white too, but I'm always afraid it will get dirty. I sure do love the new wintry look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to tell you that I love your header photo. The frost on the leaves look like diamonds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. White is beautiful, Sherri. I loved looking at all your photos. I especially love the Victorian fence.

    Happy 2011!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful post! White is clean and crisp and I love it!

    Happy New Year!

    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. White is so pure, that is what I like - and everything looks so great in combination with it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pictures! Have you seen the latest Country Living Magazine? It is all about white!

    ReplyDelete