Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Now We Have Ice Here in Charlotte!



Ok so the snow is really pretty but ice is another story! No matter what vehicle you have ice is something you cannot navigate in! I am still home waiting for someone to tell us that everything is melting on the road and that it is safe to come into work. I got all ready and was getting ready to leave when I thought I better call one of the owners. Sure enough he said hang tight and wait until mid-morning and see. I am doing just that! I have a ton of things that need to be done at work but none of it is as important as my life! I am sitting here chatting with my friends and sipping tea, what could be better!!

8 comments:

  1. Sherri, I'm glad you didn't have to go in yet. Ice is nothing to fool with. Stay safe and enjoy your unexpected quiet morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe and warm inside, until you are sure the roads are clear! We are lucky so far, just 10 inches of snow and no ice. But our roads are not clear yet. I am suppose to have therapy this afternoon and I am keeping my fingers crossed the the roads will be passable by then.

    Enjoy your unexpected morning off!
    Hugs,
    PEnny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise decision, ice is almost as scary as a tornado in my book! I drove to work in 0F this morning, but no more ice as no further precip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black ice is just the scariest thing. My neighbor plowed through the intersection in Illinois several years ago and crashed into another car. Stay safe, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband went in late - he said it was a bit treacherous for about 10 miles - nearly 1/2 his drive - I surely hope he comes home way before dark - it is better to be safe than sorry - part of the deal folks are facing is not just roadways but parking lots!
    Keep safe - looks pretty though!~
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. No snow here, Sherri, but lots of icy rain.

    Stay safe.


    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don Jr came home at 7:30 am from work and said it was really slippery. He has to go in tonight at 11 but will probably leave around 9 to get there. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We only got a little snow this time, but it was followed up overnight with ice. I made it to work, but I just took it real slow. Is it spring yet? I am tired of all this snow/ice. We'll just have to hibernate inside and knit, won't we? Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete