Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday Megs!!!



I cannot believe 30 years has gone by this quickly! John and I were 26 and 21 when Megan was born! We have seen this lovely little baby of ours grow up to be a beautiful, young woman. I can remember like it was yesterday the day or I should say night she was born. Megan arrived at 11:55 p.m. on January 27th. She was 8 lbs. 11 ozs. and hungry! She didn't really cry very much and she was a great baby. She never had her days and nights mixed up after we brought her home from the hospital like alot of babies do. She was really loving when her little sister, Jenny was born 2 yrs. and 4 months later. I think she actually thought Jenny was her baby doll. She used to bring me diapers for Jenny when she needed them and stood over her little sister to make sure I was changing her right! Then Megan went off to grammar school and loved it, then high school and loved that, then off to college and she really loved that. She graduated college with her Interior Design degree. We were all so really proud of her. That is an extremely hard course, much like an architectural degree.


Megan got married to Ken almost 3 yrs. ago. She was a beautiful bride! It was really hard for her father and I to "let go".

I hope you have a wonderful birthday today and party tomorrow night Megs!! You deserve it! Happy Birthday sweetie!! Love you tons!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I agree, where does the time go? My kids are 33,31,28 and 26. It seems like only yesterday. Happy birthday to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Megan! What a beautiful young lady! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. I'd love to be an Interior Designer, although, I'm sure it's much more challenging than the glamour that I imagine it to be.

    LOVE the scarlet header you've got goin' on. So rich & luxurious.

    (You're not going to believe this, but my word verification is: scalet....said with a suthin accent). *grin*

    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Megan!!! And congrats to you because you became a parent for the first time with her. What an amazing milestone for you too. Big hugs your way!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge milestone; Happy Birthday to your daughter Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Megan! It really is amazing how quickly they grow up, isn't it? I look at my daughter with her daughter and it sometimes makes me tear a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She´s a beautiful girl - happy 30th! :-)

    I´m almost 8 years ahead of her. :-D

    ReplyDelete