Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ready for Spring to Come to Charlotte!

We have had some weird weather this winter! Charlotte has been cold, we've had ice and snow and just about everything in between. I decided to "Spring" up my blog! If I can't have Spring then I will create it! Blogger has been giving me some hard times with sizes of things and I don't know why, but I think I have the kinks worked out.

I guess we should be thankful for some cooler (sometimes down right colder) weather because during this summer I remember complaining about how hot is was! I am ready though for the flowering trees to grace Charlotte, the birds to begin chirping their Spring songs, baby birds, going outside without a coat or sweater on, sitting outside on the patio or porch, etc., etc. Yesterday while I was at lunch, I noticed the Bradford Pear trees around the restaurant all in bud!! So I hope that Spring will be visiting us soon! Everyone hang in there!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the new look! I updated mine too...even changed the name..LOL. I am ready for new beginnings. Let me know what you think! Big hug.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the new look. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased to say it's been warming up in the UK - still cold but not so bitter! Unfortunately we've had a lot of rain too!

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new look Sherri! I can't believe your Bradford Pears are budding already! You are only two hours from me, but what a difference in climate.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your header pictures get more and more beautiful, Sherri! I want to live in that bedroom! What a dream! I have to say I love winter with the snuggling and laziness. Spring is lovely but I want a bit more snow. We have had so little of it... Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole look of your blog just woke me up and made me smile. What a header! I hope things warm up for you. My mother is feeling frozen over here in Hawaii. Art checked the temperature and it was 66 degrees. That's pretty chilly for Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, your blog certainly looks sp5ing-like:) a welcome sight considering 5 more inches of snow today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new spring look, Sherri! I am so ready for spring too. I haven't noticed the pear trees budding yet, I'll have to make a point to look!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see signs of Spring too! Love your blogs new look - it can be hard sometimes to get things to fit - but, we are learning, yes :)
    Charlotte is my birth town - have some family scattered around there and Belmont -
    HUGS,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my I'd better get out there and prune my Bradford Pear this weekend then lol! BTW enjoying all your new headers, love that bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherri,
    Your header is the picture of spring, I can smell the warm salt air!!
    We have had crazy weather... several 60 degree days and lots of rain, The snow will be back soon! Beats the rain!
    Have a great day,
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  12. You go!

    I definately believe that when all of us blogger team up and decide it will be spring, it WILL be spring - whether spring wants to arrive or not! :-D

    ReplyDelete