Tuesday, January 11, 2011

John's Scarf I knitted and some misc. yarn

I finally remembered to take some pictures of John's scarf! I knitted this scarf out of Baby Alpaca and Merino wool. It is so soft. The yarn brand name is EcoDuo. This alpaca and wool has not been dyed, these colors are the original colors from the alpaca and sheep! I love it, it is so soft and the colors are perfect!! The scarf took a little while because the pattern is knit one purl one, knit one, purl one all the way across. You keep repeating that pattern until you get the desired length. He loves it and wears it almost every day!




You can see all the different colors in this scarf really well in this picture.





The Cottage yarn is the shop I go to every Tuesday night for knitting group. The shop had a sale and here is some of the yarn I bought that day:

This yarn is golden and just plain lovely! It is silky, sparkly and just gorgeous. I plan on making a shrug or short sweater for myself out of this!






The picture of the shell top is the one I will be making out of this turquoise 100% silk! The picture doesn't do the color justice, but believe me it will be great for the spring and summer. Don't know when I'll find the time to make it but I plan on starting it sometime soon!


I bought this gorgeous Mohair too! I can make something out of it alone or add some other lovely yarn with it. I just couldn't pass up such a great price!

As you can see I have now added alot more things to my to do list! I am not going to stress myself out about it though. If it gets done wonderful, if not there is always next year!!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sherri! So when should we expect the opening of another Etsy store?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried crocheting again after making washcloths a few years ago but my cloth is not turning out right. I take a lesson on Friday at Michael's. Knitting will be next though I did knit 20 years ago. Maybe it'll be like a bicycle...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking scarf, Sherri. And I love the turquoise silk yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds wonderful! I'll be looking forward to seeing how it turns out. That blouse looks really pretty and I love that sparkly yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband's scarf is awesome! You did a great job with it and I love the yarn. I always love to have yarn on hand for future projects. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you've got some talent! That scarf is gorgeous!!

    Happy Wednesday Darling! xo

    Have you entereted by $75 EmersonMade GIVEAWAY yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! My husband and daughter are sitting next to me now crocheting - I may have to join them and knit!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That scarf is gorgeous!!! And I can't wait to see the other things you plan to make, I love the turquoise yarn!

    I hope the ice has melted a little for you guys...stay warm!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great looking scarf, Sherri! I love the golden yarn for your sweater. Happy knitting!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scarf is beautiful Sherri! So is all the wool you got. I've never attempted a sweater. Even though I'm a good knitter and crocheter I just don't think I have enough patience for the patterns.

    ReplyDelete