Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Hits Charlotte Again!

Today Charlotte woke up to snow coming down. We ended up having between 5-6 inches of snow with sleet/freezing rain on top of that. I didn't go into work today either. I decided that since I had my accident on 9/11 it just isn't worth risking my life or my car. John was home too which was really great! We slept in and then just did things like reading our books, I was knitting some and working on the computer. It was a great snow day! I love days like this!

Here are some pictures I took in our courtyard:


This is the courtyard all covered in snow!


My little garden fairy looks cold out there!


The picnic table looks like a big waffle!


Here's a closeup of the "waffle" picnic table.


This evergreen looks so pretty when the snow covers it. Snow makes everything look so pretty!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to stay home. My son, Don Jr, works at night 11-7 in Charlotte so he has to go in. My other son works for a hospital and is staying at another nurses home rather than try to get back up the mountain this evening. Snow is lovely but really disrupts things. Glad you're safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved hearing about your day off, Sherri! Lovely! Knitting and reading sounded divine!:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot get over all of the snow we got here too! Be careful and stay warm!!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be getting hit on Wednesday. Glad u stayed home. Hope I can as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got hit today but not enough for a snow day sadly. But I'm dreading the morning as it is down to 4F tonight and so it's all going to freeze hard overnight. Stay safe & warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh.... I'll bet hot cocoa would be great at a time like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherri,
    So beautiful! I love a lazy snow day at home with my sweetie:-)
    Stay warm and enjoy :-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has been an incredible snowy winter, I really hope it will melt away soon so we can get some spring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The snow certainly does make everything look pretty!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! It seems everyone is getting snow these days. The freezing rain isn't good at all though.

    ReplyDelete