Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Butterfly flutters!


As most of you know my youngest daughter, Jennifer is pregnant. She is due 7/17. Yesterday we had knitting group after work and she told me she is starting to feel my grand baby move around!!!! She said it is like a butterfly fluttering around her stomach. It started me thinking about when I carried her and I distinctly remember the very first time I felt her move and also when I felt Megan moving around! What a glorious time to feel the very first movements of your unborn child. It just brings a smile to your face when you figure out what it is. This is a long list of "firsts" Jenny will be feeling, but what a lovely one!

I really need to start knitting some things for this little one! I'm waiting for Valentine's Day when Jenny and Kevin find out whether they are having a boy or a girl. Can't wait!!!

9 comments:

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

How exciting! I remember the butterfly flutters!! I bet you are going to knit some adorable things...
Hugs,
Penny

mysteryhistorymom said...

How wonderful! I remember the first time I felt Mandy move, too. Sheer bliss... I am so excited for you all, Sherri!:) Lori

Brit Gal Sarah said...

How wonderful for her, I hope everything continues to go smoothly.

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Aaahh... I remember that, too. There's nothing more exciting, when you're pregnant, than to feel your baby move for the first time... and the second... and third! I just loved it! Congratulations to you and your daughter, Sherri!!
xo,
Jo :)

Donnie said...

Such fun to have a new little life coming your way. Looking forward to sharing the joy with you.

Florence and Mary said...

How exciting for you all!

Victoria xx

Donna said...

Oh how exciting, Sherri! I remember those butterfly flutters too!

Hugs,
Donna

All That Glitters said...

how exciting!!!

Kay said...

I am so excited for you, Sherri. I do well remember that wonderful feeling of carrying your baby and knowing it was growing within. It makes me smile just to think of it.


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!