Thursday, January 6, 2011

How much different houses look with some snow!

As you know I posted about the snow we had here in Charlotte on Christmas night into the next day-well that is all gone. I know some of you are thinking I wish we lived there because we still have alot of snow. When we lived in northwestern NJ we just couldn't wait for Spring to come. It could be the end of May before that really happened there. It is really nice to have just brief glimpses of snow here in Charlotte, so that is why I love looking at pictures of snow-laden trees and houses. Bear with me the people who live in the snow-in regions of the world!! I decided to look online for some pictures of beautiful snow covered houses. It got me thinking about how different houses look with snow on them. Sometimes if a house has a few flaws the snow seems to cover them, like icing on a cake! I decided to post some houses I found on line that I thought was really pretty! Hope you enjoy!!


I love this black and white picture of this house!



I'd love to be tucked inside this little English cottage!



Or maybe go to Colorado and be in this log house with all the snow around!


John and I have always loved Maine. Look at this wonderful house!


Can't forget the beautiful houses in Vermont either! I love the never ending porch on this one!!


I don't know where this yellow Victorian is, but it looks like the houses John and I saw in Kennebunkport, ME when we visited there. Just beautiful!



Here's another huge old yellow house all covered in snow. I love the 2 trees out front-they seem to have the snow blowed on each and every branch-just gorgeous!


Even though this little cottage's roof needs some work, I always loved Rosehill Cottage in the movie The Holiday! It would be wonderful to stay in a little cottage like that some day!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Rosehill Cottage too! I was going to say that the first photo of the English cottage reminded me of it, and then I saw Rosehill at the bottom :) Oh, to be snowbound there with a pile of books...glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at old houses and you really found some beauties there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought snow made everything look better. It seemed to cover over every imperfection with a beautiful lace cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks better with snow IMO....LOL Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love Rosehill Cottage too, Sherri! All of the houses look wonderful in a coating of snow!

    I must say, though, I am happy our snow only lasts a day or two.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee, those houses look absolutely magical!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snow made those houses look dreamy and magical:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will say that pictures of houses with snow look really pretty but it's not so pretty when you get over 2 feet of it! lol. We got blasted with a blizzard and have more snow than we know what to do with. The worst thing is we won't get rid of it until at least April.

    ReplyDelete