Monday, January 24, 2011

Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs


I really enjoyed this book (which I listen to on a BOCD from my local library)! This book was great because the whole book was set here in Charlotte! I knew the places the author was talking about and I have even eaten at Cabo Fish Taco in NoDa. Here is a review from the Barnes and Noble website:

In a house under renovation, a plumber uncovers a cellar no one knew about, and makes a rather grisly discovery -- a decapitated chicken, animal bones, and cauldrons containing beads, feathers, and other relics of religious ceremonies. In the center of the shrine, there is the skull of a teenage girl. Meanwhile, on a nearby lakeshore, the headless body of a teenage boy is found by a man walking his dog.
Nothing is clear -- neither when the deaths occurred, nor where. Was the skull brought to the cellar or was the girl murdered there? Why is the boy's body remarkably well preserved? Led by a preacher turned politician, citizen vigilantes blame devil worshippers and Wiccans. They begin a witch hunt, intent on seeking revenge.
Forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan -- "five-five, feisty, and forty-plus" -- is called in to investigate, and a complex and gripping tale unfolds in this, Kathy Reichs's eleventh taut, always surprising, scientifically fascinating mystery.
With a popular series on Fox -- now in its third season and in full syndication -- Kathy Reichs has established herself as the dominant talent in forensic mystery writing. Devil Bones features Reichs's signature blend of forensic descriptions that "chill to the bone" (Entertainment Weekly) and the surprising plot twists thathave made her books phenomenal bestsellers in the United States and around the world.

I love a good mystery and this one fit the bill! I love Tempe Brennan-she is feisty as the review above states. I love the fact that most people in the book value her knowledge. If you are looking for a good forensic mystery this is your book!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good read but not when I'm home alone. I like to know there is a body in the library but not see it in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing header photo! You didn't have any problems with changing your header photo. I'm sort of OK now, but it's still not working properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new header Sherri! I have been having problems changing mine - it gets all fuzzy for the last 4 days, so I gave up.

    This books sounds good. I love the tv show Bones, so I am sure I will love the writer.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Best linen duvet cover

    ReplyDelete