Sunday, January 30, 2011

The King's Speech


The yummy Colin Firth portraying King George VI in The King's Speech.

John and I went to see this movie last night and it was absolutely wonderful!! I think it is the best movie I have seen this year! I know it is only January, but another movie would have to be pretty darn good to top this one! I love Colin Firth's acting and he isn't hard on the eyes either (LOL!!) and Helena Bonham Carter was very good as the Queen Mother-Queen Elizabeth I . Geoffrey Rush was just phenomenal in his role as Lionel Logue.

The story line is this:

The story of King George VI of Britain, his impromptu ascension to the throne and the speech therapist who helped the unsure monarch become worthy of it.


Colin Firth playing King George VI and Helena Bonham Carter playing the Queen Mother in The King's Speech.


Geoffrey Rush as Lionel Logue

There is so much more to this story than that short little line above that I found on line! You just felt very good after you left this movie. So get up and go see this wonderful film!!

9 comments:

  1. I love a feel good movie but my favorite movie is Mama Mia and I always see him as HeadBanger. I know that is awful but I think I'll try to go see this one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've seen this film, it is fantastic isn't it! I do hope Colin Firth wins the Oscar!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I definitely have to go see it now! And I have to agree, I love Colin Firth and his sexy British accent. Like you said, he is easy on the eye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim and I really liked this movie - so good! Glad you and John enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Yes! I've been thinking about this. Thanks for the reminder. I shall make a point to go and see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sherri! Sorry if my apples made you hungry! (but they were yummy!) lol
    Looks like a great movie! :)
    have a great day!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely want to see this..., I wait (as usual) till I can watch it in my living room, hihi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I keep reading about this film and it still isn't here yet and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firth and Rush were absolutely dynamic on screen together and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the two walked away with Oscars for best lead and supporting actors, in fact that’s my hope. The two were fantastic and deserve the recognition.By the way you can find this movie here:http://www.torrentoff.com

    ReplyDelete