Monday, February 1, 2010

The ice is melting-love the sunshine!



Well the sun is out and it is shining brightly and melting the ice we had! I thought the dusting of snow (we only received 1") was pretty but the ice was scary! I don't mind a little bit of snow because you can control walking and driving on it, but ice is a whole different story. I had to be careful driving to work this morning because of black ice. All the schools were closed today here, which made driving to work much more enjoyable. I left later than I usually do to, took my time but still managed to be to work 15 mins. early! We are suppose to get some really nasty weather again, but hopefully the weather fibbers will be wrong.

I hope anyone who has snow or ice in their area is warm, safe and having a great day!

2 comments:

  1. What a great icicle! I used to love finding them on the edge of our pumphouse on the farm many years ago.... that was before acid rain and other scares. So my little sis and I would happy break off and suck on them as if it were a popsicle.

    You made happy memories surface with that one.

    Happy... and safe.... day to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice is the worst isn't it!

    It's still chilly here in the UK but the sun has been shining!

    Take care

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete