Monday, November 19, 2012

Saturday-Visit to Black Mountain, NC

Saturday at 9 a.m. my 5 knitting friends (Pam, Peggy, Betty, Debbie and Patty) left Mint Hill, NC and drove the 2 hours and 15 minutes to Black Mountain, NC.  Betty told us there was a really good yarn shop there and we should all take a trip so we did!  What fun we had!!

We had lunch at a little place in Black Mountain and the food was so good!  Debbie's sisters, Laurie and Laurie's friend, Chris met us at the restaurant and had lunch with us.  Debbie's sister lives near Boone, NC.  After lunch we walked over to the Black Mountain Yarn Shop and did we have fun there!  I bought 630 yds. of Tencel yarn, which I will be making a lovely Spring shawl for myself.  The colors in the yarn reminded me of Monet's waterlilies!!  So very beautiful!  I also bought some mohair mix yarn and I'll be making a scarf with these 2 skeins mixed with winter white yarn.  Should be really beautiful.  We were at the yarn shop for about 1.5 hrs. oohhhhing and ahhhhhhing!  After that we went to a few other little shops that sold pottery, handwoven items, handmade jewelry, blown glass, etc.  We really could have spent the weekend there but alas 3:30 arrived.  We piled back in Pam's vehicle and headed back to Mint Hill.  I arrived back at Megan and Ken's around 5:45.

What a wonderful day and what wonderful company!!!

Here are some photos of the day:

 Peggy, has her shawl on and was looking at a lovely poncho another woman had on.  We didn't know the woman but we did love her handiwork!  This photo was taken in the Black Mountain Yarn Shop.
 Here are 2 of my knitting friends while we were waiting for our lunch to arrive.  Pam is on the left and Debbie is on the right.
Here is Peggy, another of my knitting friends.  Chris, that came and had lunch with us brought a gift for Peggy.  It was a hand knitted shawl she had made.  It looked beautiful on Peggy with her basic black top!!

What a wonderful day and what wonderful memories we all will have!  Thanks girls!!

4 comments:

  1. Sherri- It looks like you had a fun day. You are like me-only yours is the yarn shop and my own pleasure is the fabric shop...but OH-I wish I could knit or crochet because I LOVE yarns- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri-- I love Black Mountain!! It's the cutest little town! Love the Veranda restaurant-- they have great soups! That is a sweet little yarn shop-- there is another one in town that I love also. Have you been to the little town of Montreat? The college campus is so beautiful right on the lake-- some nice little shopping there also!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time. I love NC. We've been a few times and have enjoyed the views, the people, the food, pretty much all of it! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Strangely, I just finished a book set in Black Mountain, including the Montreat campus!

    ReplyDelete