Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Autumn Has Arrived!!

Well Autumn has arrived in Mint Hill!!  It is alot cooler and the humidity has finally left for the most part!  I am looking forward to Autumn because I can already smell the firepit burning some chilly night, apple crisp cooking in the oven making the house smell so wonderful, pumpkins, mums, Halloween, sweaters and anything Fall.

I love sitting on the front porch with a book.  Reading out there and sipping tea.  For some reason I love shortbread cookies more this time of year too!  I seem to read more also this time of year.  I guess I just like to cozy up with a blanket, some tea and a good book. 

I always love the Halloween costumes Jenny picks out for the grandboys too!  I love watching all the little kids trick or treat!  They are all so cute.

I let my hair grow long, so it keeps my neck warm as the weather gets colder.  I also go a little darker with my hair color too!  I have started going over all the clothes I have for the cooler weather.  Today I just ordered 2 more pants for work and a sweater today.  I'm wearing shoes and socks again-no more sandals for me.

I have started cooking warmer types foot too!  Tonight I made lasagna for dinner and it felt good to eat something warm, comfort food.  I think this weekend I might make an apple crisp with vanilla ice cream to start the Autumn off right!

I hope everyone enjoy Autumn as much as I do!!  Enjoy the season!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! I would love some cooler weather. I do miss seeing the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite time of the year, especially looking forward to Halloween at them moment. Bring on those pumpkins.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, I love your header! We are still in the low 90's here, but soon we will be feeling the cooler fall weather, too. Aren't the kids the biggest treat at Halloween? Love all the wonderful costumes. Bryce Eleanor is thrilled with her Phoenix costume this year, but I can remember dressing up as a gypsy in pieces of my mother's clothes and being delighted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ideas for fall sound wonderful. It is my favorite time of the year as well.

    ReplyDelete