Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Short Walk in the Garden Today

I had a few things around the house this morning to take care of, so I just got to take a short walk through my garden.  I am so excited, my dahlias are sprouting!!  I have never grown dahlias in containers before and I wasn't sure if it was going to work but I guess it will!


I know it is small but it will produce dinner size flowers later on.  So excited!!

Every year I plant potatoes with my youngest grandson, Jack.  Well this year COVID-19 changed that!  I planted them by myself but showed him how they are doing.  This year I planted Yukon Gold and Red potatoes.  Hopefully he will be able to harvest them with me! :) 



I brought with me to the new house a little foxglove plant I had.  Today it surprised me by blooming!!  I love them.  They are a biennial so I usually stagger the plantings so I always have them blooming in my garden.


My dark purple iris that I brought to the new house is still blooming away!  Love that one.


Well that's about it for today!  I hope everyone is having a good day and that the sun is shining on you! :)

Sherri

3 comments:

  1. We always grew our own potatoes on the farm. A field of them. I can remember my fingers freezing as we picked the spuds up out of the ground. My father ran a device over them with the tractor to unearth them and then we picked them up. Whew. I honestly loved the smell of the potato soil. Weird, huh? lol
    I hope you have had a wonderful Mother's Day. I miss doing things with my grands, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planted my first ever dahlias last week - the two in pots are showing a teeny tiny shoot, ones in the ground not visible yet - and am hoping they will brighten up the summer months ahead.
    Stay well dear Sherri.

    ReplyDelete