Thursday, November 12, 2020

Rainy Day Today and other things

 Hello Everyone!

Well it is a rainy day here today!  There has been so many downpours and the wind!!  There is alot of flooding in the counties around me.  My sister, Sandy and her husband, Dan are on their way down here for a visit.  They should be here in about an hour.  

I have been knitting alot.  I finished the Autumnal Cardigan I was working on finally!  The yarn is DK Black Cherry from Heidiandlana.com.  Here is a photo of completed.


I was real happy with the way it turned out.  I learned alot knitting this.  

I am so excited!  A few weeks ago I brought all my outside plants inside for the Fall and Winter.  My Meyer Lemon tree is now loaded with buds!!  They smell wonderful when they open!!


The other night I had dinner with my friend, Holly.  She is such a sweet and thoughtful person.  She started out by saying she knew the anniversary of John's death last year was coming up and she wanted to give me a little something.  This is what she gave me.


It is so beautiful!  Of course I cried.  I miss John so much everyday.  The thing is Holly lost her husband when she was 30.  He had to have surgery and never had been put under before.  He was allergic to the medication they gave him and died.  She is so sweet to think of me.  This year 11/27 falls on the day after Thanksgiving.  When my family is here for Thanksgiving, the next day we are going to release a Chinese Memory Lantern in honor of John.  Megan has wanted to do something and she asked if this idea would be all right.  I told her it was, so we are going to do that.

With Thanksgiving coming soon and all the things going on in the world today, I am going to leave you with a photo of a little pillow that I bought.  I think is is very fitting for all of us!  


I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!


Sherri

3 comments:

  1. Sherri, your cardigan is beautiful! I love the color. And I love the gift from your friend. So thoughtful. I'm glad your family will be together for Thanksgiving and will remember John in such a meaningful way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful cardigan! Thinking of you this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Poor Holly! What an awful thing to happen at such a young age. I'm so sorry for the sadness you are suffering right now. I love that gift Holly gave you. And yes, your cardigan is amazing!

    ReplyDelete