Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Yarn Winding Today 1.20.21

 Today started out by taking Ginger (my English Cream Golden) to the vet for her 6 month checkup.  She didn't like it at all.  When they took her into the building she was a bundle of nerves.  Poor girl.

When I got back I had 4 skeins of seed fingering yarn I needed to wind.  I got out my yarn swift and ball winder and got to work.  I find winding yarn very therapeutical!  You almost get mesmerized by watching the yarn swift go round and round.  Here are a few photos of the process. 

These are the 4 skeins of yarn from Heidiandlana that needed to be wound.  The pink is called Sugar Cookie and the green is Evergreen.  This is Seed Fingering weight yarn.  I love their yarn!!

The is the skein of yarn on the yarn swift.  You put it on here first and then thread it onto the ball winder (see the ball winder below) and that makes a "cake" of yarn for your project.  

The "cake" of yarn all done on the ball winder.



4 beautiful "cakes" of yarn ready to go for a project.


These 4 skeins didn't take very long to wind.  It was about 15-20 minutes.  


I was sitting at my dining room table winding the yarn and I looked up and my great aunt's candlestick holders that have prisms hanging from them made some beautiful rainbows on the table runner.  See below:



Well I'm off to knit another Harry Potter hat for my grandson.  My daughter, Jenny home schools them and one of the curriculum she is teaching to the 2 grandsons is Harry Potter based.  I'm making 3 hats (one for each grandson and 1 for Jenny).  They also would like scarves to make.  I'll post them when I get them all done.


Everyone have a wonderful day!!


Sherri


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous yarn, Sherri! I also look forward to seeing the finished HP hats.
    Love the prism photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! I have always been fascinated by how the light refracts through glass. My Mom had a huge crystal chandelier in our second home growing up. I would watch it for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've never seen anything like that for winding your yarn. It sure makes your life easier. Your grandsons and Jenny are so lucky you are an expert knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like watching your videos on Instagram. I can watch you work with yard over and over-- ok, that sounded creepy, but I meant the yarn. LOL. It's so relaxing watching it.

    ReplyDelete