Monday, February 13, 2023

Valentine's Day

 Hi Everyone!  Today I will be making a chocolate pudding pie and Linzer cookies (heart-shaped of course) to take up to Scott's tomorrow.  I will be at Scott's until Thursday morning.  I haven't seen him in almost 2 weeks and it feels like 2 months!  He was away this weekend with his best friend, Troy, Scott's son, Ben and Troy's niece's husband.  They went up to Harrisburg, PA to an Outdoor Show.  He set up a fishing trip in July with his Dad.  I kept busy for sure!  I power washed the deck, 3 birdbaths, 1 fountain, the front porch and the front walk.  I don't mind doing that but it is sure a messy job.  My sneakers are in the washer as I type LOL!!  Everything looks so much better though.  I move to the apartment on the 26th, so when I get back on Thursday, I really need to shift into high gear with the packing.  I think the U-Haul dates are wrong according to the Confirmation, so I need to call them today and get that straightened out.  Never a dull moment!

Here is a picture of the Linzer cookies I'm going to make (hope they turn out!):

(Photo courtesy of Pinterest)

I've only made these cookies once and that was a long time ago.  

Well I'm off to start the bake-a-thon LOL!!  I hope everyone has a lovely day!

Sherri


4 comments:

  1. Good luck…hope family coming around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found a charming guy for Valentine's! If U-Haul messes up your order, try Budget. Budget is cheaper, more helpful, and you can use your AARP or AAA cared for a 10% discount. There's also groups of movers that can load up a truck in one city, then a different mover group can unload your truck in a different town. Check for info about them at your truck rental place. I've done that twice with really nice results. Saves my back and nerves. Cheers, Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! U-Haul does still have my reservation correct in the local place computer, so I left it with them. Scott's sons, Mason and Ben are going to help us with the move. They are really good kids. :)

      Delete
  3. The haul place in Lake City was great when I moved there and when I left. Good luck

    ReplyDelete