Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Fall Has Begun!

 Hi Everyone!  I hope you are all doing ok.  I have a terrible head cold right now.  I am starting to feel better but it is very annoying.  I have been napping alot and resting.  I also have been drinking lots of water to flush it out.

Well after the Texas trip we were home for 10 days and then we left for Missouri for Scott's son, Ben's Army MP training graduation.  We stopped in Tennessee one of the nights on the way to Missouri and stayed with our friends, Troy and Karen.  They have a lovely home and we had such a nice visit.  Then we got up and left for Missouri.  We had Lilli, Ben's girlfriend with us too.  We spent one whole day with Ben for Family Day and then the next afternoon was graduation.  It was a very nice ceremony.  Right as soon as the graduation was over we left for home.  We drove straight thru (14.5 hours)!  Scott drove most of the way.  I drove for about 4-5 hours so he could sleep.  I think that is why we are both sick with this head cold.  The temperatures have changed and we were run down.  I have been sick for about 4 days now.  Here are some photos from the graduation:

A visit to the PX on Family Day.

Graduation Day

The Arch in St. Louis Missouri

The Ohio River

There is definitely Fall in the air here in Salisbury.  The leaves are dropping/changing color, the air is crisper and it smells like Fall.  I decorated the apartment a little with a few pumpkins and some grasses and feathers but that is it.  Oh and I put a nice Fall wreath on the door.  I usually go all out, but truthfully alot of my things are packed away or I gave them away when I moved.  I still have been buying lovely roses at Harris Teeter-see below:

Pretties for this week.


I have felt like knitting too, so that is a sign Fall is here.  I love knitting in the Fall!  I wound some yarn yesterday-see below:

There is about 4 different projects right here all aready to go!

With not feeling good that is about all I have today.  Off to get some homemade chicken soup I made the other day, rest and relax!  Everyone have a good rest of the week!

Sherri


9 comments:

  1. Everyone get better soon! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing better now. The Dr. said I had a double sinus and ear infections. On meds and better now. Scott is better too! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. What a lot of driving and trips. That is wonderful about the graduation, though. Beautiful flowers, too! So nice to see a post from you. I haven't been blogging nearly as much as I once did--too much going on with hubby's health. I hope you feel better soon. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! Yes, it was alot of driving and trips but fun! I'm feeling so much better and so is Scott! :)

      Delete
  3. I took up my knitting needles this week too - love to knit while watching TV in the evenings. No big autumn/Halloween decor here this year as we’re off to the UK soon.
    Hope you feel well again soon dear - time to relax you’ve been so busy lately 💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, enjoy your UK trip! I heard from my friend that lives in Ireland 2 days ago. I loved when we visited there. I've never been to England but would like to go there and Scotland sometimes.

      Delete
  4. That last comment was me Sherri - see it came up as anonymous- guess it’s because I’m on my phone!
    Mary in Raleigh -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and family. Brenda

    ReplyDelete