Thursday, July 30, 2026

Where did July go???

 Hi Everyone! I can't believe this is the second to last day of July!!  Where did July go???

We have had some really bad thunder, lightning and rain storms here.  They say we don't have a drought anymore which is wonderful!!  Last week the transformer box got hit by lightning the other night around midnight.  It caught on fire and I had to call 911!  Everything was under control in a matter of 1/2 hr. thank goodness!


The garden slowed down a little bit with so much rain but it is rebounding now.  Here are some photos from yesterday:



Hibiscus on the front porch

Mr. Lincoln Rose

Planter filled with white and purple petunias.  They were all eaten by the squirrels, but now they are back and blooming again!  I sprayed them with essential oils, oregano, peppermint and eucalytus and they don't eat them anymore!

Bluebird Rose of Sharon

Our snowball hydrangeas are doing really, really well.  I love making arrangements and bringing them in the house!

Hydrangeas, red and white cottage roses and red alstemeria.

Bumble loving the hydrangeas too!

Hydrangea arrangement in the living room.

I have quite a few orchids getting ready to bloom.  This one started blooming in our bedroom.  So pretty!

My birthday was last Thursday, July 23rd.  I had a wonderful day with Steve.  He took me to lunch at Five Points Public House in Albemarle, NC.  We really love that place!  Then on Sunday we met up with Steve's son, Scott, his fiancee, his daughter, Crystal and her husband, Kelly at Village Tavern in Winston-Salem.  Crystal and Kelly gave me a beautiful cutting board with our last name on it and Est. in 2026.  She also gave me homemade pickles.  The cukes were from her garden.  They are so good.  I hope she makes me more!!!  They are such good kids.  Tyler, his youngest son  had to work so they weren't there.

Steve and I at Five Point Public House 7.23.26

From left front to right front:
Anna (Scott's fiancee), Steve, Me, Crystal, Kelly (Crystal's husband) and Scott at Village Tavern.



Homemade pickles from Crystal

Cutting board from Crystal and Kelly

I have been seeing so many bumble bees in the garden this year.  Either they are gather pollen or they are asleep on the sunflowers.  This one decided it really liked my basil!!  Love to watch them!


Well that is about all I have for today!  It has been nice chatting with all of you!

Sherri




6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see a post from you! I am glad you had a great birthday. My oldest son's birthday is also on the 23rd. Your flowers are beautiful and you have a lovely family! Have a wonderful weekend-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice pic of you and Steve!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete