Sunday, April 11, 2010

Knitted Dishcloths and a few other things

Hi Everyone! I have been knitting dishcloths lately and I love using them in my kitchen. I had been using Handiwipes but I didn't like the streaks left on my granite countertops. I had received some handknitted dishclothes from a friend in a swap and I found them just wonderful. I'm a knitter and I was looking for a project that wouldn't take me too long and the dishcloths fit the bill! Here are a few examples of my handiwork (one is still in progress as you can by the knitting needles).





I went to Michaels yesterday and bought 4 more skeins of cotton yarn to make my Mom some dishcloths for Mother's Day and I'll also make one for each of my sisters when I visit NJ next month.

This morning I was surprised to see a towhee at my birdfeeder. This bird is usually down on the ground scratching around in leaves, pinestraw, etc. I guess this one likes my Sunflower seeds! Here is a picture of a towhee in case you've never seen one.



Everyone enjoy your day!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Sherri, what a great Mothers Day gift idea. I may have to do that for my mom. She'd love it!! Do they shrink much once you wash them the first time?

mysteryhistorymom said...

I WISH I knew how to knit! What a wonderful project, Sherri! Lori

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Hey Sherri, thanks for visiting my blog. Guess what? I am from Greensboro. Small world. My married daughter lives in Charlotte. She went to UNC-C. I love knitting dishclothes too. My pattern is a little different. I knit mine starting with 4 stitches and knit up to the widest part and then decrease down to 4 stitches. Mine have a decorative edging that is knit in as you go. I keep some going all the time, as my friends love them!!! Love & blessings from NC!

Happy@Home said...

Your dishcloths are so pretty. I love the colors you chose.

Love Being a Nonny said...

I don't knit but I DO have some of these and I love using them on my granite too!

I grew up in Charlotte!

Diane said...

The bird is a beauty! I don't think I've ever seen one like that.

I don't knit but great idea. I like the flour sack clothes instead of paper towels.

Darlene said...

Love the dishcloths. I make them all the time. I like the pattern that's called Granny's or something like that on most sites. You just start out with 4 stitches and work your way up. It ends up with a bit more of a decorative edging. My mom won't use anything else in her kitchen anymore.


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!