Monday, April 2, 2012

Country Lanes

When John and I were driving back from the mountains yesterday, we took a little country lane. I love to drive on country lanes and back roads. I found some really beautiful pictures of country lanes and back roads on pinterest.com. Here they are:
This country lane reminds me of Kentucky and horse country. I love the fence along the road.
I love when sunlight comes through trees on to a beautiful country lane.
This picture is just gorgeous! Fall and a country lane-just gorgeous!
One of my favorite spring country lane photos is this one! The trees are gorgeous, just stunning!
Sunsets are always beautiful but add a country lane and you have something really gorgeous! I used to ride my horse every day up a country lane. This lane was dirt and very untraveled. I used to love riding on this lane all by myself listening to the birds. It always made me reflect on how gorgeous nature is. I hope the next time you travel you find a country lane or road to travel on and by all means take in nature!

4 comments:

  1. I, too, love a drive along a country lane. I think my favorite drive there is in the Fall when everything is a riot of color. Hope you have a good week-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too loved riding my horse down a country lane. The sites, sounds, and smells of fresh cut hay, and the birds singing were like Heaven for me.
    I even rode in winter. The crunch of the snow under the horse's hooves was such a great sound. Her breath and mine would swirl up into the bare branches of the trees that curved over the road. The crunching sound, and an occasional chickadee would be be the only sound we would here.
    Thank you for a wonderful memory, Sherri.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful collection of pics! I love to drive away with my hubby and sons, we usually have such a great, relaxed time in the car and see so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in a busy city and our neighborhood is just all houses. I would love to live somewhere that there was something beautiful to look at.

    ReplyDelete