Sunday, July 5, 2015

July 4th

Well I'm a little late posting about July 4th but better late than never!  John and I spent a nice, quiet 4th!  We were busy though.  I went to The Home Depot by myself and that was trouble for John-LOL!!!  I bought tons of plants and when I got home, I decided I wanted to put them in right then and there!  We pulled out 5 shrubs we never liked that the Builder planted.  We replaced them with some of these plants:

Large Pink Coneflower

Limelight Hydrangea

Pink Phlox

Pinkish Orangish Coneflower

Red Coneflower

Zinnia  
We also planted a huge Purple grass and a double black-eyed susan plant.  The pictures of those didn't turn out very good.    Here is the ended result:

The daylilies are almost done and now there will be other perennials to make the front flower bed look really good!  I love gardening and it felt so good to do this yesterday even though it was hot and humid!

My double orange hibiscus decided to start blooming again yesterday!!  I love this plant! 

Last night John and I decided to just chill out on the front porch after a day of hard work.  Teddy decided to join us. 




John and I had a really yummy dinner too!!  Sirloin steak grilled, corn on the cob, hot German potato salad, caprese salad and sunflower and grain bread!






I think we had a pretty good 4th!!!  Hope y'all did too!






4 comments:

  1. your garden boarder looks fantastic, Sherri!! Coneflowers are one of my favorites in my gardens too! They have that "prairie" look to them.
    What a wonderful meal you enjoyed for the holiday!
    I'd love to be able to have a lovely porch like yours to relax on after a hard day at work like you had!
    Enjoy your evening.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers, Sherri. Nice choices! Your dinner looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are wonderful. I love all of the color. Your dinner looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are truly gorgeous and I especially love caprese salad. Yes, I think you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete