Tuesday, July 13, 2021

House Renovation Update and Owen's Birthday!

Hi Everyone!  I haven't been on in a while because I had so much to get done on the house and then I went to NJ to visit my family for 6 days around 4th of July.  It was a great trip and I'm glad I got to see my family and friends but I really missed my home!

Lots of things are happening at the house.  The Master Bath shower and floor is all tiled and grouted.  All but the granite sill going into the shower is done and the 2 end tiles that cannot be installed until the sill is put in place.  Thursday the countertops are coming so the sill should be done then.

Master Bath Floor Tile

Master Bath Shower (hardware will be installed soon)

Master Bath Shower (hardware will be installed soon)

 The bannister needed to be sanded down to the wood.  I did that, then stained it and then polyurethaned it.  I think it looks so much better.  Excuse the half painted wall.  I have not finished painting the blue paint yet.






Today the front door is being installed.  I changed from a metal door to a craftsman style fiberglass door with window lights.  Above the door the original window light will be put back in, they are working on that now.  I have also changed out the coach lights on either side of the door.  I can't wait to see this completed!




On July 11th Owen turned 10!  I cannot believe he is 10 already!  Where did the time go!  Our grandchildren keep getting older but not us LOL!!   

I made this collage for Owen's birthday for FB.  I thought I would share it here as well.  He is such a sweet, kind and caring little boy!  I am so glad that I moved close to him, so I can see Owen and Jack all the time!  

Well I would love to show you more, but time doesn't allow for it at this time.  I'll be back when they have the front door all installed.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day!


Sherri


6 comments:

  1. Everything is looking great! Happy Birthday to Owen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shower, banister and door, Sherri. I just love seeing your pics of the reno! Birthday greetings to Owen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it…how far are you from Lake City High?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your renovation photos. Since we've been through this a couple of times, I love seeing what others do. Your bathroom is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay! It is turning out really lovely!

      Delete